Stereo Options on 2009 SXT [Archive] - Dodge Caliber Forums

: Stereo Options on 2009 SXT

jdp6000
11-23-2009, 06:30 AM
I purchased a 2009 Caliber SXT. It came with the Boston Acoustics speaker upgrade. If I'm not mistaking it has 9 speakers and 458 watts of power. Should the head unit also have been upgraded or is this another option?

Here is my question. The head unit is the RES model. Very basic as far as I'm concerned. AM/FM,one AUX plug and single CD. Is this the unit that should have come with this speaker upgrade? Where does the 458 watts come from? Is ther an amp somewhere and if so where is it?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

HICal
11-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I purchased a 2009 Caliber SXT. It came with the Boston Acoustics speaker upgrade. If I'm not mistaking it has 9 speakers and 458 watts of power. Should the head unit also have been upgraded or is this another option?

Here is my question. The head unit is the RES model. Very basic as far as I'm concerned. AM/FM,one AUX plug and single CD. Is this the unit that should have come with this speaker upgrade? Where does the 458 watts come from? Is ther an amp somewhere and if so where is it?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

The amp is mounted behind the rear seat under the storage cover. If you access the spare tire you will see a cardboard housing sitting foward of the tire. Under that cover lies the amp. I have a 2007 with the Boston Musicgate system but with the 6 disc/mp3 player. Funny though, the 6 disc player doesn't have the aux input. In fact I believe only the player that you have has the aux input.

ingballesteros
11-24-2009, 08:59 PM
That is correct for both, BA unit that I have is the one with 6 discs, and no Aux Input... though it's a 08, the basic has the Aux Input with one disc. Now, for 09 / up the units changed and the premium unit does have a 6 discs changer AND Aux input (checked on a Patriot Limited)

UN4GTBL
11-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Thanks in advance.

Jim
IIRC the speaker upgrade is independant of the radio upgrade.

for 09+ all the radios have an aux input on them.

look at my radio thread in this section for more details on your radio

jdp6000
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Its not that bad sounding with a CD. I can get it to full volume.

Radio reception on the base unit is not that great. I would have expected something better for a head unit.

J

prod
02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Im the opposite, I have the REN head unit but only the 4 6x9 door speakers. I also noticed the radio reception isnt great.
Im thinking the best solution for me is aftermarket 3-way 6x9s in the front doors. Tweeters in the dash mounts would require more work with wiring and crossovers.