Front splash guards [Archive] - Dodge Caliber Forums

: Front splash guards

J-dog3
10-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Anyone out there know where I can pick up front splash guards for my caliber, I know the dealer doesnt carry them, but i was wondering if there were any aftermarket shops that have started carrying them lately.

tupmeier
10-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Anyone out there know where I can pick up front splash guards for my caliber, I know the dealer doesnt carry them, but i was wondering if there were any aftermarket shops that have started carrying them lately.soory but they dont exist yet :D ,cheers thomas

Loose Goose
10-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I've got them on my Caliber. The dealer installed them.

Michael K.
10-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I've got them on my Caliber. The dealer installed them.

Please post pics.

TechMan
10-14-2006, 05:16 PM
I started a poll on this long ago. I can't figure out why the front splash guard / mudflaps are not available. Check out this thread and add your vote to the poll.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1344

10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Why can't you install the rear flaps on the front? If there is no reason I will try. I don't see a rub issue.

J-dog3
10-18-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey .38, let us all know how it goes and post pics so the rest of us can see how it works out.

Trythisonforsize
10-18-2006, 06:30 PM
With some custom cutting and re-work I'm sure they would fit.

I ordered 2 sets, and they don't fit on the front at all. The way they are cut and the tab mounts don't fit. Luckly my roomates co-worker had an SE and bought the set off me.

10-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey .38, let us all know how it goes and post pics so the rest of us can see how it works out.

I picked up a set of the rears today. I will try to make them fit the front this weekend. If it works I'll post pics and a walk thru, if not I'll put them on the back and keep looking :rolleyes:

Actually if it doesn't work out I may just try Bowie's plan from this thread:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144

UN4GTBL
10-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I picked up a set of the rears today. I will try to make them fit the front this weekend. If it works I'll post pics and a walk thru, if not I'll put them on the back and keep looking :rolleyes:

Actually if it doesn't work out I may just try Bowie's plan from this thread:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144

any updates?

de_great
10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Bowies flaps do look pimp, but I think it will only work for the red Cali.

10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Update:

I tried for a few hours to get it to fit and I didn't find any positions that I felt were good enough that I could go ahead and start making mounting holes, I didn't cut the flaps either because it just seemed that I would not get them cut to fit niceley and still look good. I'm just going to put them on the back and wait and see about the front for now.

b0bberRT
01-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Has anyone tried the Jeep Compass MFs on their Caliber? It was posted in the linked thread that jeep made all four... Just wondering if they are worth getting in the meantime (while Dodge get's their A$$ in gear and makes some available)...

orangecalibersxt
12-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Sorry to dig up an old post but if anyone is STILL looking for front slash guards, I've found some that will fit on a Caliber. They're actually from Chrysler. I've also found a pretty decent set for the rear.

Front Part#: 82203875
Rear Part#: 82203865

The rear splash guards say Dodge in chrome lettering. The fronts don't have any lettering and are slightly shorter so they don't rub on anything. These are generic Dodge splash guards and aren't specifically made to fit on a Caliber, but they will fit. The dealer I got them from puts them on every Caliber they sell and they look really good. I actually like the rear splash guards better than the ones you can buy specifically for the Caliber. I bought all 4 for $30 total. $30 is what you pay for just the rear if you buy the regular rear Caliber splash guards.

I just thought I'd mention this. If you do a google search and put those numbers in you will get some results as to where you can buy them. You can also take that part number to your dealer and they can order them for you. Like I said before I paid $15/pair so thats $30 for the front and back.

Kriss13
12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
The rear belongs to Avenger (hence the Dodge lettering) wihile the front are from PT.
I wonder if the rear (with lettering) will fit to the front of cali.
Not coz i like the letters but because are longer and protect better.

Could you post pictures of them installed and short description on how did you installl them?

UN4GTBL
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Sorry to dig up an old post but if anyone is STILL looking for front slash guards, I've found some that will fit on a Caliber. They're actually from Chrysler. I've also found a pretty decent set for the rear.

The rear splash guards say Dodge in chrome lettering. The fronts don't have any lettering and are slightly shorter so they don't rub on anything. These are generic Dodge splash guards and aren't specifically made to fit on a Caliber, but they will fit. The dealer I got them from puts them on every Caliber they sell and they look really good. I actually like the rear splash guards better than the ones you can buy specifically for the Caliber. I bought all 4 for $30 total. $30 is what you pay for just the rear if you buy the regular rear Caliber splash guards.

I just thought I'd mention this. If you do a google search and put those numbers in you will get some results as to where you can buy them. You can also take that part number to your dealer and they can order them for you. Like I said before I paid $15/pair so thats $30 for the front and back.

Good find! here they are:

http://www.vip-service.ru/auto/img/sale/61_1.jpg

http://www.vip-service.ru/auto/img/sale/63_1.jpg

orangecalibersxt
12-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Those are exactly the ones I got for my new Caliber R/T. Like I said, I know they fit because the dealer I bought them from puts them on new Calibers all the time.

orangecalibersxt
12-16-2007, 06:34 AM
The rear belongs to Avenger (hence the Dodge lettering) wihile the front are from PT.
I wonder if the rear (with lettering) will fit to the front of cali.
Not coz i like the letters but because are longer and protect better.

Could you post pictures of them installed and short description on how did you installl them?

These have been out long before the Avenger. They're generic MOPAR splash guards. They don't belong to any particular vehicle. They don't even say on the sticker that they belong to a particular Chrysler vehicle. They do fit and fit good.

Kriss13
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Would be a prob to fit the ones with dodge letering on both rear and front of the car?
Any of you have pictures with them installed?

'08 Caliber R/T
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
The ones with the lettering are too long to go on the front according to the guy I that sold me the splash guards for my Caliber. So you have to use the shorter ones on the front with no lettering one them.

The lettering ones only fit on the rear....

Kriss13
12-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Can you post a quick picture pls?

I noticed that some of the calis do have some sort of protection from a small plastic piece while others don't have it.
Will that plastic help rear guards fit better? or maybe the lack of them will make possible to install them?
I have that plastic.

'08 Caliber R/T
12-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Attached are some quick pics of the splash guards that put on my Caliber. On the front, the mud was there before I installed splash guard. :D Its winter so its not easy to wash it everyday like in the spring/summer.

vmfa323
01-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I tried the #6401 Powerflow molded OEM mud flaps from BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com. They recommended this item even though it was not listed on the package.
Look good, low cost and prevented snow clinker buildup and salt splash under 2007 Caliber. Fast deliveryto Ma. in just a few days. Installation was easy using mostly existing screws after removing little black plastic pieces at bottom rear of front wheel wells.
I only have pic of rear flap but they fit the front too. I will do business with BuyAutoTruckAccessories.com again as I am very happy with all aspects of this transaction.

dcjredline
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
X2 on the power flow. With the others there should be NO REASON the FLAT style flaps wouldnt fit front or back. If they are "too long" then mount them a little higher. I have never seen a set of flat flaps that wouldnt fit on anything. I have also never seen a set of flat flaps I have liked either.

schooner
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
talked to a dealer who put backs on the front and had no problems i am planning on doing this but have not got to it yet

gower2352
01-23-2008, 07:58 AM
According to the Mopar site these can be both for the front or rear...

ttp://www.mopar-accessories.com/dodge/2_08_PM_3163.html

Kriss13
01-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Ive ordered mine.. guess what ill try to do first ;).. try to fit them to the front:eek:.
Maybe that's why they didn't make front ones... they are for both front and rear.

gower2352
01-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Ive ordered mine.. guess what ill try to do first ;).. try to fit them to the front:eek:.
Maybe that's why they didn't make front ones... they are for both front and rear.

My question is do we really need ones for the front as it seems to have a few inches of plastic hangin down.

If I put them on the back will it help with salt prevention etc?

John.G
01-28-2008, 10:14 PM
I got these installed on my SRT and bought an extra set for my daughter's SE. They are the same for both vehicles and are what they install for all of their Caliber sales:

Front 82203875
Rear 82203876

They have nothing written on them.

SilsCaliber
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi Folks,

Thank you for this thread. I know this an old thread, but I was wondering if the front/rear splash guard part numbers listed earlier are a direct fit? No modding needed?

Thanks again! :bigthumb:

Sil

erich82
05-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Ive always thought there werent any mud flaps for the SRT.
Id like to see someone post pics of an SRT with mud flaps, it would help with keeping my car clean considerably.
I knows Sil yours is an SXT, but just wondering.

nycalisrt
05-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi Folks,

Thank you for this thread. I know this an old thread, but I was wondering if the front/rear splash guard part numbers listed earlier are a direct fit? No modding needed?

Thanks again! :bigthumb:

Sil

No modding should be required. They're a universal fit flap, but they fit the Caliber fine both on the front and rear. For an SRT, I'm not sure about if they would require cutting. A regular Caliber they should fit fine.

SilsCaliber
05-09-2009, 11:02 AM
No modding should be required. They're a universal fit flap, but they fit the Caliber fine both on the front and rear. For an SRT, I'm not sure about if they would require cutting. A regular Caliber they should fit fine.
Cool! Thank you!! :beerchug:

Just have to find a good place to order them from.

Sil

Black_CSRT4
05-09-2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/Dodge/2008/Caliber/partlist.aspx?DivisionId=2&Year=2008&VehicleId=30&CategoryId=1003&GroupId=2036&SubGroupId=3163

check that out.

nycalisrt
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/Dodge/2008/Caliber/partlist.aspx?DivisionId=2&Year=2008&VehicleId=30&CategoryId=1003&GroupId=2036&SubGroupId=3163

check that out.

Those are for the rear only......

Black_CSRT4
05-11-2009, 04:19 AM
Those are for the rear only......

crap ... didnt even look at for where they go ... my bad sorry