What are the speaker wire colors [Archive] - Dodge Caliber Forums

: What are the speaker wire colors

luckydawg003
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm installing some new kicker 6X9 3 ways in my wife's car. Need to know which wires are Positive and Negative. Just need the info for the front and rear doors. Thanks

Huff
08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm installing some new kicker 6X9 3 ways in my wife's car. Need to know which wires are Positive and Negative. Just need the info for the front and rear doors. Thanks

Don't know off hand but its easy to find out. Disconnect the old speaker noting where each wire came from. Momentarily touch a 9 volt battery to the speakers terminals. Just a split second and note which way the speaker cone moved. If it moved outword then the + of the battery was to the plus side of the speaker.

HICal
08-23-2007, 10:06 PM

The striped wire is the negative. Check the magnet clearance, I had to shave away part of the panel.

Thanks luckydawg003 for the update. I made the wrong reference, the wiring was for my add-on tweeter. The Kicker upgrades (front) went in smooth, the Kicker (rear) aftermarket had a magnet 3 times the size of the factory Boston Acoustics and trimming of the door panel shield was necessary. The musicgate speakers were replaced with the Infinitys and those came from Crutchfield so they had the wiring adapters included (nice).

luckydawg003
08-24-2007, 08:10 AM
All the wires are stripped. I figured it out, by guessing pretty much. But here are the wire color codes. Front Doors: Driver side (+)Grey/Purple (-)Grey/Yellow......Pass Side (+)Green/Purple (-)Green/Yellow
Rear Doors: Driver side (+)Grey/Lime Green (-)Grey/Green Pass Side (+)Green/Lime Green (-)Green/Grey
Hope this helps. I didnt have to cut anything from my door panels to fit, just had to put the speakers in with the speaker connectors facing down for proper fit. Make sure you remember which screws go where because 2 are long and 2 are thick and short. I accidently screwed them in wrong and drilled thru some metal thing inside the door. So be careful.

RT/4
09-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Lucky...you Rock!!!

I was gonna add a nice q-logic sub to the rear but couldnt figure out how to get leads from the two rear doors...the wiring tunnel is a labyrinth. Anyway, I am gonna run the lines and remote from the headunit, to the rear!!!

Thanks again!!!
R

All the wires are stripped. I figured it out, by guessing pretty much. But here are the wire color codes. Front Doors: Driver side (+)Grey/Purple (-)Grey/Yellow......Pass Side (+)Green/Purple (-)Green/Yellow
Rear Doors: Driver side (+)Grey/Lime Green (-)Grey/Green Pass Side (+)Green/Lime Green (-)Green/Grey
Hope this helps. I didnt have to cut anything from my door panels to fit, just had to put the speakers in with the speaker connectors facing down for proper fit. Make sure you remember which screws go where because 2 are long and 2 are thick and short. I accidently screwed them in wrong and drilled thru some metal thing inside the door. So be careful.

blkcalibersxt
09-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Lucky...you Rock!!!

I was gonna add a nice q-logic sub to the rear but couldnt figure out how to get leads from the two rear doors...the wiring tunnel is a labyrinth. Anyway, I am gonna run the lines and remote from the headunit, to the rear!!!

Thanks again!!!
R what are the color codes for the back of the receiver? im trying to install an amp and 2 subwoofers. would it be possible to connect the new amp to the speaker wires coming out of the factory amp? if so what are the color codes for that? my email address is hannlbai78@yahoo.com. email me if you know.

RT/4
09-16-2007, 07:47 AM
what are the color codes for the back of the receiver? im trying to install an amp and 2 subwoofers. would it be possible to connect the new amp to the speaker wires coming out of the factory amp? if so what are the color codes for that? my email address is hannlbai78@yahoo.com. email me if you know.

emailing you now....