Dodge Caliber Forums banner

SRT4 stock muffler on SXT

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  evoone303 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I have an 08 SXT.

I am interested in replacing my stock SXT muffler with a stock SRT4 muffler. This would be just the rear muffler and not whole exhaust system.

My past experience with higher flow muffler has given me better gas mileage.

I am assuming the SRT4 stock muffler is higher flow. I am aware that the srt4 muffler has a 3" inlet and sxt pipe is 2.25(?) but that shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone done this?

Can I please get some insight on the fitment and especially the noise level. I can accept a slightly louder and/or low drone but NO unbearable or annoying noise (family car :)).

I have read on other forums that the noise is loud on a Neon sxt if a Neon srt4 stock muffler installed because of the lack of turbo. Is this true for calibers?

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't bother doing this swap, even if I was given the SRT4 muffler for free.
You did nail the first bit on the head about the inlet sizes being different.

The stock CSRT muffler is probably higher flow then the SXT, but I wouldn't suspect by much.
If you are buying a muffler, get something with the proper inlet size. It'll be cheaper and probably a lot less restrictive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.