Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Engine Cover

29K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  theredfox 
#1 ·
I have an 09 Caliber SXT(2.0). I took it for an oil change several months ago now and they took off the engine cover (not sure why). They did not put it back on. I went to ask them about it and finally after months of arguing with them they said they would order me a cover. Now however, they are saying that the 09 Caliber did not even come with a cover. They can't even find a part number for such a cover. Can anybody out there help me out with any information on this? Does anyone else have an 09 with a cover? I have emailed Dodge, hoping for an answer.

#3 ·
Yeah I thought they stopped putting the engine cover on the 1.8 and 2.0 LCaliber afar the 2007 model year. Only the 2.4 L Caliber came with a cover...and the SRT. If you bought it used then the previous owner probably put it on themselves.

#4 ·
i have an 08 and no engine cover for me :/

Wish i had one though

#5 ·
Same here our 08 doesn't have a cover either, i thought it was odd when i opened the hood when checking it out before buying it, the dealer was like no thats how they come from the factory, asked if one could be bought and he said only for the 2.4's.

I know a local salvage yard that might have a 2007 in it from a recent crash, i should see if its a 1.8 and if it has the cover on it, i would suspect that it would fit on a 2008 1.8 since the engine is literally the same.

#9 ·
For what it's worth, my collision estimating software shows that the cover was only used on 2007 models. I do like the cover idea and may order one myself for my 2010.

#15 ·
I didn't get one either...

I was told they don't come with the 2007's either when I bought my SXT. I was told they couldn't get one either as the part wasn't available. As I bought mine from a competing dealer. Hogwash. I went to the Dodge dealer, and for like 25 or 30 bucks I ordered a brand new one. It's a hell of a lot nicer looking than an empty looking engine compartment and a lot quieter too.

#16 ·
Hi, I’m a Digital Marketer

YOUR SEO EXPERT

HIRE ME ON FIVERR !

Cheapest and Reliable SEO provider on fiverr! We are a professional team with 7+ years experience in SEO field and 5 years activity on fiverr. More than 200K created orders and 100K positive reviews. We offer only high quality SEO and if you have any questions - support is available 24/7.

I will linkbuilding for your money site

I will build manually EXCLUSIVE link for your moneysite

I will build manually exclusive seo link for your website

I will build exclusive link building for your moneysite

I will provide an EXCLUSIVE link building Package for your website

#19 ·
Hello Friends

I really like your writing style, good information, appreciate it for posting.

I consider something really special in this website.

I must admit that your post is really interesting. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Thank you a lot!

Rental Cars UAE is the leading car rental company in Dubai. Best Car Hire & Rent a Car deals from more than 100 locations and 40,000 Cars to lease in Dubai.

#20 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.