Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Timing Belt

58K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Swoop 
#1 ·
Does our engine have a timing belt or chain? Since I know very little about this engine I'm wondering what kind of costs are going to be associated with up keeping it.

#6 ·
greenhunt said:
What about diesel engines?
Check the VW TDI manuals. I think the diesel engine used in the Caliber is a VW TDI (I could be wrong). Being a a former VW owner, I'm a member of a VW board, I'll ask there if someone can confirm that it truly is a VW engine.

#8 ·
If you go to the site below you will see photos of both the new engine and CVT cut away so you can see the insides.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber.html

The photo should be all the way on the bottom. If it isn't, I'll post the photo here.

#10 ·
Michael K. said:
Check the VW TDI manuals. I think the diesel engine used in the Caliber is a VW TDI (I could be wrong). Being a a former VW owner, I'm a member of a VW board, I'll ask there if someone can confirm that it truly is a VW engine.
No need for that Mike!

The CRD Caliber has the 2.0 16V VW TDI engine (nozzle intergrated pump) and definitely has a timing belt! Replacement is due every 120.000km, which is a rather long period for timing belt replacement!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.