Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Headrest mods?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  subconsciousme 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks - we're new to Calibers!

We picked up a 2008 SXT 5 speed with the sport package for my son to drive and we have been very pleased.

We need some help looking into mod options to swap in new headrests - the OEM ones are really uncomfortable - He's over 6' 2" & they're driving him nuts lol.

I did a search here and found lots of folks that have the same issue - but not finding many solutions in the threads I located. Also checked the How to Threads.

Options that may be possible seem to include -

1. Locate after market headrests (no luck yet) - any ideas? (Not looking to go to DVD headrests though.)
  2. Find a used set from more recent Calibers (they have more comfortable ones in the 2012's) - any idea what year the rigid ones with the halo / hole in the middle were dropped?
  3. Find a used set from another model that are compatable (not 100% sure what the options are... seems like it might be some recent Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger headrests?) - any ideas for me down this trail?
  4. Have the 2008 headrests padded and recovered by a local shop

Sure appreciate any help you could provide!

:beerchug:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.