Dodge Caliber Forums banner

What causes the RED Lightning bolt!!???

67K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  HIGHBRED8 
#1 ·
Like the title dais what cause it?

Cause sometimes i just WOT and it turns on as the car start making boost, and sometimes it turns on when i wot shift!

It majes me sick, but what makes me even sick-ier (<!?) is that I don't know what causes the freaking light!!!

#4 ·
something else must be causing it.

Few weeks ago I was tying to Clamp the MapV at something else than what Realtune gives you with their FIC and because a few numbers wasnt matching that light came on everytime I try to go WOT. OK I Fix that, it is Clamped at what a wanted and the light doesnt turning on.

Then a few days after that I notice that it randomly does what I wrote on post #1, its weird!

#5 ·
something else must be causing it.

Few weeks ago I was tying to Clamp the MapV at something else than what Realtune gives you with their FIC and because a few numbers wasnt matching that light came on everytime I try to go WOT. OK I Fix that, it is Clamped at what a wanted and the light doesnt turning on.

Then a few days after that I notice that it randomly does what I wrote on post #1, its weird!
You don't want to WOT Shift the Caliber SRT-4... plain and simple.

You want to shift right before redline, not allowing the PCM to cut the throttle percentages and hurt boost recovery.

The Lightning Bolt means you are having an issue with the Electronic Throttle Control... aka your Throttle Body Sensors are kicking a Fault Code.

There are two sensors within the throttle body... and they vary voltage to the PCM depending on throttle position. One sensor will read 5v and the other will read 0v... as throttle is increased one sensor will read 2v and the other 3v... either way 5v is accomplished... or something like that.

I don't have my NGC ETC book in front of me.

I wanna say the Lightning Bolt also means you are going into Limp Mode.

#6 ·
I do remember that when I first installed the "TCS" the stupid light turn on a few times ,as if the TCS was causing it to turn on when it did the "WOT" function, so I guess that may cover the times that it turns when WOT Shifting. I think Im pushing it too far, cause it happens the most when im not putting attention to what im doing

You say im not supposed to WOT shift the car!?, that may be the case of a "stock" CSRT4, but one with a WOT box or with Neil's TCS is meant to WOT Shift all day long! HEHEHE...

#7 ·
I do remember that when I first installed the "TCS" the stupid light turn on a few times ,as if the TCS was causing it to turn on when it did the "WOT" function, so I guess that may cover the times that it turns when WOT Shifting. I think Im pushing it too far, cause it happens the most when im not putting attention to what im doing

You say im not supposed to WOT shift the car!?, that may be the case of a "stock" CSRT4, but one with a WOT box or with Neil's TCS is meant to WOT Shift all day long! HEHEHE...
TCS will kick "Mr. Squiggles" in the cluster... not the "Lightning Bolt".

Bouncing off the rev limiter is not good for any car... even if you have a WOT Box or "Neil's TCS"... plain and simple.

All it will take is that one missed shift with a severe over rev... and KABOOM!!!!

Since you openly admit to not paying attention when you drive or shift... you might wanna just enjoy the car "stock".

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed the spam in this poster's quotes? Not impressive. At the very least it's NOT good forum practice to modify anything you're quoting.

#9 ·
Sounds to me like the flux capacitor and the Mr. Fusion came out of alignment.

:jester:

#10 ·
what ever the cause is the bolt means a throttle fault. slice it how ever you want and it will still mean a throttle fault. who installed your tcs box? my guess is theres either a bad or loose connection with that or some of the settings in it are wrong. either way your best bet is a problem with the tcs box.

the only time ive ever gotten it was on a missed shift and the car over revved, and yes it went into limp mode right after that but reset itself after shutting it off and restarting the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.