Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Adding Ipod/sirius/lockpick to 08 rec nav

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  r0llm0dl 
#1 ·
I recently got a 08 Caliber SRT 4 thispast Saturday, the car came with nav but has no aux input adapter. So my question is I would like to add a ipod adapter that can charge the newest ipod nano and has a video output. I alsowant to add a lockpick system so I can watch videos from the ipod on the screen. Finally I want to add Sirius to it but I don't which way to go, either a removable tuner or a oem sirius tuner. But I am worried that with the addition of the ipod controller and lockpick I would be adle to add anything else.

Sorry for all the questions in the past I would just replace the radio with a aftermarket one. But I like the uconnect and steering wheel intergration of the factory radio too much to remove it even though I could just get a aftermarket nav for less money.

#7 ·
The CHYP by Peripheral gives you the ability to play music via iPod and control the iPod through the REC. It also gives you an extra aux input (RCA's) to use with whatever.

The CHYP pretends to be the VES portion of your radio, so I believe you can have the factory OEM Sirius hooked up and working. If not, you can always use an aftermarket Sirius tuner and hook it up via the RCA's that the CHYP provides.

The CHYP does not handle video input at all. Only the Lockpick can provide that functionality for you.

Just my $0.02!

HTH. :bigthumb:

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#8 ·
So if I got the Peripheral setup and a lock pick does the Peripheral has a video output that could be hooked up to the lock pick. As for replacing the factory unti I would deffinitly be cheaper but I don't want to loose the u connect and other features such as display on the gauges.

#9 ·
Sorry, totally forgot about this thread...

The CHYP does not handel video at all. The only unit, that I'm aware of, that can handle the video side of things is the LockPick. This means there is not video output on the CHYP, or any other iPod adapters IIRC.

If you were wanting to be able to watch a video on the screen, you need a LockPick. This will NOT control the iPod through the radio, so you will have to control it through the iPod (only exception is volume I believe).

If you want to listen to music on the iPod and be able to control it via the radio (next, previous, playlist, etc) you need the CHYP. There are other units available that can be used to listen/control the iPod, but I can only speak for the CHYP as this is what I have.

You will probably have to switch the iPod from the CHYP to the LockPick depending on what you want to do (video/music).

Hope that helps. :beerchug:

#11 ·
sh!t sorry, forgot again. Crazy times at work the past few days.

http://www.autosoundcentral.com/Peripheral_CHYP_iPod_Adapter_p/chyp.htm

It looks like Peripheral is no longer providing the CHYP, so you cant get it. The above link is to the CHYP from where I purchased it, but it says its discontinued and replaced with PAC iPAC-CHY. Compare the two and decide for yourself. From what I can see, they are practically identical.

Sorry for forgetting again, feel free to PM me if I forget next time! :beerchug:

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.