Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Headlight adjustment

6K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  High-Calibur Driver 
#1 ·
Hey guys nice site...

Anyway, after a dozen times of people flashing me when I did NOT have my brights on I checked it out and these buggers are blinding if you are in the other lane. So I popped the hood and was going to adjust them and :confused: . Couldn't find the adjusters.

So my wife called the dealer since this is something they should fix and they told her it would be $40-$80 since we had more than 12k miles. Now any dealer worth their salt would adjust them for free even though we are technically beyond the 12k miles but that's another story (will never buy a car from these clowns again if this is the way they treat customers).

So how the hell do you adjust the headlights on a Caliber???

#4 ·
I actually like how the dim headlights are focused below eye level. Like when you pull up behind someone you can really tell where your headlight beam begins and it's usually at trunk level on most cars. The only time I got flashed was when I was cresting a hill and they got the brunt of the beam, but that will happen regardless, so I agree... if they flash you, flash them back.. your lights are fine :)

#5 ·
MiniMagnum said:
I have had people flash their high beams at me also. Screw them and just flash your high beams back at them. Your headlights are bright and there's nothing you can do about it.
Yup. I get that all the time. Yup. That's what I do too. I hate driving the wife's car at night. Can't see nothin'. I like the Calibers lights just fine.

#7 ·
I've had mine checked and rechecked and was told they were fine.. but people flash me all the time too. I know that part of the problem is that I live in the country where it's just assumed you having your brights on unless it's obvious you just switched back to low beams... not much I can do about that, except make a REALLY good habit of switching them on and off to "prove" it to people.

#8 ·
has this same issue. I took my car to the dealer and they adjusted them free. It was within about a week of having the car.

KASEY9 said:
Hey guys nice site...

Anyway, after a dozen times of people flashing me when I did NOT have my brights on I checked it out and these buggers are blinding if you are in the other lane. So I popped the hood and was going to adjust them and :confused: . Couldn't find the adjusters.

So my wife called the dealer since this is something they should fix and they told her it would be $40-$80 since we had more than 12k miles. Now any dealer worth their salt would adjust them for free even though we are technically beyond the 12k miles but that's another story (will never buy a car from these clowns again if this is the way they treat customers).

So how the hell do you adjust the headlights on a Caliber???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.