Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Battery Light!

15K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  iancu101 
#1 ·
Hey friends,

My Battery Warning light turned on the other day, but no other symptoms showed up. The light stayed on until I got home. The next day, the light is out at first, then 5 miles down the road it comes on again. WTF? I get where I'm going and park. Third start now, light is out, I'm on my way to a local dealer, the light comes on. I get to the dealer, turn it off, talk to the service manager. I leave the car with them and get a rental.

After test driving, they can't get the battery light to come on. They get Chrysler corporate involved, get the wiring diagrams, request the F29 software. My original dealer doesn't have the software either. Three days later, they cleared some error codes, I still don't have F29 (claim Chrysler won't send it to them??), but so far, no return on the Battery light. I thought maybe it was a loose cable or a bad alternator, but everything is charging according to the Svc Manager.

If anything changes, I'll post here. I know Old Dude had a Battery light warning, anything ever come of that?? And if anyone knows what's the deal with dealers not getting F29 software, I'd love to know about that. You'd think Chrysler would ship it to all of their dealers, no? FWIW, the tech on my car knows his stuff for real. I'm just happy to be back in my Caliber, but I'm left wondering what other mystery problems may crop up, I'm putting a lot of miles on this car and will continue to do so, time will tell what else is in store. L8r.

See less See more
#2 ·
When you say battery light, it's the actuall light that is the picture of the battery right? Just want to clarify, because the electronic throttle controllight is a lightning bolt light that at first I thought was for the charging system or battery since it was a lightning bolt.

As for the F29 recall, the dealers don't keep it on hand. If they get a car requiring a software update, they have to submit it software change request to corporate, and then they can download the update trhough the network onto thier computers and flash the computer in the car. It doesn't get stored in the system for use anytime they want. And they have to requst it by using the VIN number so corporate can keep track of recalled vehicles. And they won't send it to a dealer requesting the update for a VIN number that isn't listed in the system as being affected.

#3 ·
Dude, you know your s h i t, thx.

It was the indicator light that looks like a battery, in red. NOT the lighting bolt... Put a hundred miles on my R/T today, no problems. I'll be sure to have my original dealer get the F29 software in advance of my upcoming 3rd oil change. L8®.

PS- how 'bout an updated kid pic, we're overdue.

#7 ·
I've had it come on exactly once when I had the stereo blasting for several hours while I was waxing/detailing it for the first time :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.