Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Looking at SRT4

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  danssrt 
#1 ·
Hi folks, test drove an '09 Caliber SRT4 today.. If all the paperwork goes through okay, may be coming home with it early next week. However, in the meantime when I go back, are there any problem areas or usual suspects I should be looking out for before buying?

Also, the dealer is asking $15,700 for the car with 75k on it. Okay price considering it's dealer and not private party, or do you think they should come down? Overall the car is in good shape, couple small scratches on the exterior, some minor fading of plastic trim pieces, but otherwise a nice 3 year old car.

Anything I should know about these cars?

My first impression is that the thing is stupid fast, but the ride is kind of awkward and cumbersome on bumps, but I've read those things about Calibers and I'll gladly take that trade-off for the stock power. I'm coming from a '00 Bonneville SSEi w/ mods that I had dynoed at 240whp / 345 tq, and the SRT4 feels faster in every regard, though the close gearing probably has a lot to do with it.

Thoughts / input / suggestions appreciated!

#2 ·
not sure what problems they might have, the only problem my 2008 has had is a blown fuse that operates the sunroof, and that was because I used a faulty air compressor plugged into the cigareete lighter. Check kbb for the right pricing and get after it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.