Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Caliber Bezels

61K views 72 replies 15 participants last post by  homer 
#1 ·
In light of the common bezel thread, I thought I'd put this together

2007 - 2008 Dodge Caliber Bezel (Non-Navigation Radio)

Part Numbers:
YD501B6AB - I think this is the satin silver - could also be YD501SFAE
YD501RHAB
YD501V6AB
YD501YHAB
YD501Z2AB
*Not sure what part number is for what colour though

2007 - 2008 Dodge Caliber Bezel (Navigation Radio)

Part Numbers:
YZ081Z2AB or 82210579 - Satin Silver
YZ081RHAB or 82210581 - Inferno Red
YZ081B6AB or 82210577 - Marine Blue
YZ081YHAB - Solar Yellow
YZ081V6AB or 82210582 - Sunburst Orange
05291823AB - REC Bracket

2009 Dodge Caliber Bezel (All Radios)

Part Numbers:
1LG981SFAA or 1LG981SFAB - Alloy Silver (SRT4)
1LG981Z2AA or 1LG981Z2AB - Satin Silver (Non-SRT4)
1LG981V6AB - Sunburst Orange
1LG981QDAB - Blue (Thanks to Xanadi)
1LG981RHAB - Inferno Red (Thanks to NightsFlame)

2010+ Dodge Caliber Bezel (All Radios)

An excellent How-To remove the radio and bezel is here - http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353614

Part Numbers:

*Note - The 2007-2009 Bezels will work in all 2007 - 2009 Calibers. The 2009 Bezel is preferred for a Double DIN aftermarket install, as it usually works the best, as it is very close to a Double DIN (its usually bang on for the height, and it just needs a dash kit for the sides.

**Please PM me with part numbers that you have that will help make this more complete, and I will add them here**

***I am not responsible for any errors in this post, it is created as a help, and although I have tried to make sure its 100% accurate, I do not have access to Dealer Connect to verify it. The parts manual only lists parts, and not their colours

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I kinda prefer the 2010. I hope UN4GTBL doesn't ban me ...

#24 ·
oh, and thats the sxt model, and look, leather wrapped wheel, seats, and shift boot

****ing dodge... im pissed now...

bet the car actually retains some of its value as well now too

#25 ·
serisouly, thats the the two things that tick me off most about my car... plastic steering wheel, and STUPID rubber shift boot

serisouly, those two things make me feel like im driving an 80's ford pinto or something.. would it have KILLED them to put a leather, or pleather boot on the shifter, and some pleather on the wheel as well

#26 ·
the 07-09 had an optional leather steering wheel...it came with radio controls too. My parents have one of these in their van, and I love driving the van because of it And then i get back into my car, and go to use the steering wheel buttons, and they are not there :lol: I dont mind the wheel though, a buddy of mine has made a mess of his with his wedding ring...

the rubber shift boot...well there is no excuse for that. Hence why i replaced mine. When i get time, I'm going to perfect it :bigthumb:

#28 ·
after looking at the picture, it looks like the 2010 has reverse lockout, similar to that of the srt4 caliber, and the shift boot might not be an option to swap from the 2010 ro earlier models

HUMBUG

i guess its back to the drawing board of making my own then...

#32 ·
Lol, well I guess while were off semi-topic:

Though I feel the new design is built with much better components, it has very little to no flow. The lines just dont follow through. Its pretty much as if they just took the stuff of the shelf, threw it together and pushed it out... oh wait thats probably what happened. :)

Saying that, I still want though AC controls. Screw this cable driven crap, my 2000 blazer was electronic controlled... figured 8 years later dodge could out do that...

#31 ·
well, see thats the thing. I bought the caliber i have now for 16,100(not including interest) and still owe 13,500 or so

the car is worth anywhere from 8-9000, so i would transfer around 5k over to the new loan

at that point, i would rather have the srt4, and have the older interior, but be 3x faster

#30 ·
My '07 has the leather wheel with the radio controls as it's part of the Boston Acoustics Musicgate system.

Though in a way I prefer the pre 2010's spaceship designed dash, the 2010 has nice improvements. Looks more pleasing and thoughtout. If someone gets around to the hvac control swap I'd be interested into this as well. The side a/c vents also are placed where they belong, higher than the present location.

BTW, UN4GTBL good info on the dash bezels.

#33 ·
i like the 2010's design a lot better. it looks a lot less cheap, and even though i do like air conditioning/heat on my knee, it would be nice for the vents to be up higher on my car..

#35 ·
i like everything

i like the fact that the power plug is above the shifter, so your not digging to china to plug something in. I like teh fact that the hazard switch is up more now as well, because i constantly hit that stupid thing. the fact that the a/c and heat on the left side will now go farther than your knee is nice as well.

i like the the sencer console is actually useful towards the base of the dash as well. The tiny storage thing for change at the very front of mine is only good for collecting dust

looks like the got rid of the stupid mp3 holder in the armrest, which, if you drive a manual transmission, is useless, because then you cant shift if its flipped up. so you can either shift, or change a song

i once put my digital camera in the mp3 holder, and lost it for a week because i forgot where i put it

#39 ·
wow... i just hit 3 local dealers looking for the 09 bezel....all quoted a $140!

i looked online 2 weeks ago and saw prices in the $40-$60 range on a few parts sites, but they are all now in the $98-$140 range!

was there some price hike, or are my dealerships just plain EVIL?

#46 · (Edited)
here's the secondary part number i'm getting for satin silver
1LG981Z2AB
still $100-$140
alloy is going for $38-$50

makes zero sense...

how bad was the color difference between the 2 bezels?

#48 ·
i just went and ordered both colors.... i have 2 07sxt's so the satin silver for the mrs' and the other will probably be painted to match my car and i'll sell off the custom 2-din one i have now (original non-nav bezel cut and painted to match the car... not a 100% perfect cut, but it works)

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#54 ·
$15 for both bezels.
the dealer route is faster.... the wait is killing me, and it's not even for my caliber!
ran the mygig in my wife's caliber as a quick test yesterday and she loved it... and i enjoyed it much better than the pos stock 07 radio.

#56 ·
my bezels arrive tomorrow! but i'll be 255 miles away from them until monday :(
once i'm back, i'll lay all 3 (2 09 bezels and an 07 bezel) and take a snapshot to see the differences between the 3.

#58 · (Edited)
i take back my opinion on the 2010 bezel... saw 3 2010 sxt's (were labeled sxt on the back, all 3 rentals) and the whole dash together looks sweet.

also like the fact the door handles are painted to match and the headrests look comfy (considering ordering)

edit:
Here's an 09 satin silver vs 07 satin silver vs 09 alloy silver (not really a silver now is it... more of a gray... close to a gunmetal type color)

what i do like is the little chrome inserts on the ac vents

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.