Dodge Caliber Forums banner

New LED Tail Lights for UN4GTBL

21K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Bigbodybrian@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Finally ordered the Red LED tail lights off ebay.

Stock vs LED:

All lights on in LED tails:

Brake Lights & Indicators:
(The lower light stays on, dim, and the upper light brightens for the brake lights...I love this!)

More pics:

*Pics are off my BB for now. Will try and grab the nicer camera soon!

EDIT: More pics here - http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19993

See less See more
#4 ·
I like em :bigthumb:

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#6 ·
Very nice! I know I remember the first time I drove behind my car after I got them. Looks so much better than stock.

#14 ·
Funny story about these tail lights

On the weekend my parents and I went to go do some stuff for my grand parents that are about a half hour away. To make a long story short I took my car and they took the van. At one point, I ended up being in front of my parents, and even with them having my grand parents in the van with them, they both commented individually on my new tail lights, as to how nice and bright they were. My dad thought my brake lights were on at first, and then noticed the brake lights come on later and realized they got brighter!

#15 ·
Very nice! I also wish that the aftermarket lights were sealed as well as my OEMs - at least for the headlights. My DEPO headlights had to be resealed.

I even had to reseal my OEM tails too. It was strange... they seemed fine when I left for Afghanistan last year, but had condensation in them (the DS tail and DEPO headlight) when I got back. Go figure!

#19 ·
Quick How-To with pics that I forgot to post:

Step 1: Open Hatch

Step 2: Remove these connectors. You will have to pry up the middle section to get them out:

Step 3: Remove stock tail lights. After the above connectors are removed there are two friction connectors holding them on. Firmly pull on the lights straight back to remove them. Twist the bulbs out of the lights. When done you will have this:

Step 4: Unpack new lights and get familiar with the connections. Remove the necessary covers from the turn signal and backup light sockets

Step 5: Connect new lights. You will need to reuse the factor socket for the brake lights. Plug in the harness from the tail lights into that socket. The other bulbs will re-install the same way that they were removed.

Step 6: Carefully feed the wires back into the tail light and secure the brake light socket

Step 7: Re-install the tail lights.

Enjoy!

#20 ·
Hi UN4GTBL,

I have a question for ya, as I am keen on these tails myself but I have a different problem to those who dont have the 3 plug tail set up.
I have a 4 plug setup.

Would you be able to tell me what the white cable that links the top LED setup to the bottom LED setup is? This is the part I dont need as I have a fourth plug for the lower cluster. Could it be unplugged, is it similar to the one for the top cluster?..
From what I can see this isnt the case. Its only got 2 wires, where the top has 3 wires. And it appears to be a different shape. I can still hope right??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the ebay seller knows sweet f*** all...

Cheers,
TR1STAN

#22 · (Edited)
Finally ordered the Red LED tail lights off ebay.

Stock vs LED:

All lights on in led bulbs tails:

Brake Lights & Indicators:
(The lower light stays on, dim, and the upper light brightens for the brake lights...I love this!)

More pics:

*Pics are off my BB for now. Will try and grab the nicer camera soon!

EDIT: More pics here - http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19993
Awesome. Those lights are really good looking. Thumps up to your choice.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.