Turbo Spec = TD04HL4S-20TK32SF-11cm^2
Turbine Wheel Diameter = 52mm
Compressor Wheel Diameter = 58mm
Max Pressure Ratio = 3.16

What is our "Trim"?
Compressor
Inducer diameter? =
Exducer diameter? =

I'm still have a lot to learn about turbos.

#4 ·
i wonder if anyone know the spec for induced and exducer. I have tried to also find a compressor map for this turbo but i think the only way to get it is directly from Mitsubishi. I dont think they are gonna give it up tho

#6 ·
Which of those numbers is considered the trim?

#7 ·
None of those numbers are considered the trim. SRTD, what do you mean maxed out? You asking at what PSI the compressor wheel starts to surge or when are you out of its efficiency range?

#9 · (Edited)
Exducer is 1.8 inches and inducer is 2.05 inches. Makes us a 77 trim.

In my opinion they should have gone with about a 50 trim and a larger compressor wheel, thats why we dont hit full power until like 5,800 rpm or whatever. The nice thing is, if you were to do some headwork, this turbo would be a monster. Too bad we have this POS ECM.

#10 ·
Hey Lewis.

Your thoughts on this have much merit IMO.
I have repeatedly mentioned head porting, and even intake manifolds, but with very few exceptions everyone always wants to change the subject.

So all I am left to do is make gay jokes.:mecry:

Don't be so scarce...

#12 ·
To be honest I cant believe the trim is so large, thats something youd put on like a V-8. Trim is 100% based on exahust flow, so thats why I say getting the engine to breathe easier would do the turbo a bit of good. If you read that little writeup on the link I posted it talks about displacement and trim and how the larger trims are usually for larger engines. However, for such a large trim its a pretty small compressor wheel. This is what Realtune realized and hence the reason for the larger compressor wheel on their stage 2 turbo. With this large trim small compressor turbo, it will probably be one of the most reliable turbos in history, seriously. I wont be surprised if these turbos FAR outlast the car. The SS has peak power at 1,500 rpm and it stays there. Ours climbs to 5800 and then drops off. WE NEED A FULL TUNING SOLUTION!!! DAMMIT!

Ive been on the snowmobile forums and the hunting forums a lot lately. Thats why I havent been around, and to be honest this forum wont really interest me anymore until we do something about the computer on this car. Im thinking about getting rid of this thing pretty soon, we'll see. It doesnt do too good in the snow either, hint hint.

#13 ·
To be honest I cant believe the trim is so large, thats something youd put on like a V-8. Trim is 100% based on exahust flow, so thats why I say getting the engine to breathe easier would do the turbo a bit of good. If you read that little writeup on the link I posted it talks about displacement and trim and how the larger trims are usually for larger engines. However, for such a large trim its a pretty small compressor wheel. This is what Realtune realized and hence the reason for the larger compressor wheel on their stage 2 turbo. With this large trim small compressor turbo, it will probably be one of the most reliable turbos in history, seriously. I wont be surprised if these turbos FAR outlast the car. The SS has peak power at 1,500 rpm and it stays there. Ours climbs to 5800 and then drops off. WE NEED A FULL TUNING SOLUTION!!! DAMMIT!

Ive been on the snowmobile forums and the hunting forums a lot lately. Thats why I havent been around, and to be honest this forum wont really interest me anymore until we do something about the computer on this car. Im thinking about getting rid of this thing pretty soon, we'll see. It doesnt do too good in the snow either, hint hint.
****ing evo's :jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.