Water on the rear floor ... leak??? - Page 2 - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Caliber and you would like to discuss it, this is the section. Have your car into the dealer for a particular reason and want to talk about it? Do it in here.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to 08SilverBeast
nova, any pix of your project?? I haven't had any issues since I replaced the seal on the sunroof. The couple of times it rained my rear floor board has been dry, but didn't really rain a whole lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Water!!

Hey, newbie here but need help with my 2008 Caliber. Love the car but hate the water that collects in the front dome light and spills out every time that I turn a corner, plus the fact that my front and rear carpets are constantly soaked. Had the car completely detailed last week after having some work done, including replacing the sunroof seal. Everything was fine until the next rain, once again, SOAKED! Anyone have a solution to the problem? This makes me crazy! Thank you.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Points: 560, Level: 11 Points: 560, Level: 11 Points: 560, Level: 11
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

Unhappy 2008 R/T Leaks too!!

We found water was collecting in the driver side rear floor board and also was wet in the front floor board. We have found two leaks - the first was the Sunroof seal was defective so it was allowing more water in then the drain hoses could take in. We had this fixed, dried out the car which took a few days. The mechanic even had to redo the corroded wiriing which is also in the bottom of the car -(nice design Dodge)...a couple of days or so later, more water in the back floorboard. This time we finally found the culprit to be the backtail light assembly has a tube as well. when they replaced the tail light ( which also houses water within the tailight..UGH )it seems they crimped/cut the tube so all that water was also leaking in as well. So had to start all over again, drying out the car, etc. It has taken 3 months to figure out these two problems. All the water was shorting out the wiring and was making the engine light come on and throw all kinds of codes and could not get the car inspected... we fixed everything that could possibly be wrong that would throw the codes,replaced all the wires and the computer sensor and we finally got it to pass, even though the engine light still goes off and on...just got the car back literally after 3 months of turmoil ...and now guess what, the front floor board is damp now after I took it through the car wash...really?! If I didnt owe so much on this car it would be gone. I see someone riding by in a Caliber and I want to ask, does your Caliber leak?? If anyone has found other potential leak areas, please post!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 AM
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%

I've a 2009 SXT with a sunroof that collects water in the driver's side front and rear floorboards. I bought it used about 2 months ago from a Ford dealer - I highly doubt they'll be helpful in correcting this.

I looked for the drain tubes in the sunroof and behind the gas pedal to see if I can clear them myself. Cannot locate them. Do I have to remove any panels? Is that hard to do without doing any damage?

Also, if this is a manufacturing defect, might I still be able to get Chrylser to address it?

Last edited by FerruzAXP; 06-18-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Send a message via Yahoo to 08SilverBeast
Here are a couple of good tips on the blue site..

http://www.calibersrt4.net/diy-forum...ou-got-em.html

http://www.calibersrt4.net/diy-forum...of-drains.html
Old 10-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Rear Pass Floor Leak

After Super Storm Sandy, I found my rear passenger floorboard beyond soaked. I had a bag with a blanket/pillow that was completely soaked, the floor mat poured water when lifted, and then filled up a full size bath towel. Still soaked. I do have a sunroof, but no sign of water on the interior of roof. No sign of water coming from the door. The only thing I can think of is from the metal bracket/bolt that is under the rear passenger side bench??? I am very upset by this. It is a 2011 and of course now past the year warranty. I have always loved Dodge (have a Dodge Ram Pickup as well), but after this I am seriously considering moving on. You would think Dodge would come out with a recall for this.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1 Points: 65, Level: 1
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Well I have not come across such type of leaky roof problem in my whole life driving but I may offer you some suggestion tomorrow after discussing over the issue with my uncle, he is a mechanic.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 283,539, Level: 100 Points: 283,539, Level: 100 Points: 283,539, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Thanked 6,272 Times in 5,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwils14 View Post
After Super Storm Sandy, I found my rear passenger floorboard beyond soaked. I had a bag with a blanket/pillow that was completely soaked, the floor mat poured water when lifted, and then filled up a full size bath towel. Still soaked. I do have a sunroof, but no sign of water on the interior of roof. No sign of water coming from the door. The only thing I can think of is from the metal bracket/bolt that is under the rear passenger side bench??? I am very upset by this. It is a 2011 and of course now past the year warranty. I have always loved Dodge (have a Dodge Ram Pickup as well), but after this I am seriously considering moving on. You would think Dodge would come out with a recall for this.
the year warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

with pics...

Please refer to my previous post in this thread (soz I'm late)

As per the pics, I found the leak in my Dodge. I tried sealing the crimped section with silicone but it just leaks further up (still also comes out that threaded hole)
I've had the door frame panels off since my last post and have gone through allot of rain since. I found by removing the plug in the front passenger footwell i have not had any pooling of water.
It seems like the water in the side frame does not drain, I checked the drain holes are free, unless I missed something.
I was going to drill two holes in the side frame, left side of crimp, lower than where it leaks and hope I can get it to drain away. As I need to put the side panels and footwell drain plug back.
any comments/suggestions welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Left Door Panel Front.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	7313   Click image for larger version

Name:	Close up of leak.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	7314  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SilverBeast View Post
Well thanks Mr. Senior, your tips is also looking worthy for me as I have already said that I am not sound in technical issue. So, these would definitely add extra info.
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service