Interior mods! - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications

Appearance / Body Modifications This section contains discussion about modifications that affect the visual apperance of both the Dodge Caliber and Dodge Caliber SRT4.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Skype™ to TMilligan
Interior mods!

This is a new account linked to an old account (AbyssWolf1105) I lost in the roughly 10 hard drive formats I've done over the past few years.

Now.

I'm going to be taking a few pictures the coming up days... Weeks... Probably months, as we progress.

My dad and I are going through the grueling process of ripping the interior out of my caliber and basically remaking it from the ground up.

I'm rocking an '07 Sunburst Yellow Caliber, and she's my pride and joy. She's only got 80k miles on her and it's time for a revamp.
As with most 07 cali's, she's got that ugly beige/brown interior.
We're ripping all of that out, sanding it down and doing a satin black, gray interior. Which we both think will work better with the yellow door-jams and such.
While we have the entire interior of the car painting/drying I'll be doing some sound-deadening. The road-noise, after riding in my girlfriends new truck, is really something aggravating. So I'll be doing that.
And to top it all off, we'll be doing a spare-tire enclosure sub-box, with a small anti-theft amp-rack on the right above the wheel well. That entire piece will probably just be removed and remade. (Where the Livin' Loud subwoofer would have gone.)

I'll also be installing some fairly dim LED strips under the dash and seats, putting it on a rocker-switch next to the hazard button on the lower-side of the dash.
I have the parts for that and kind of need some help with that.
I have an "Add-A-Circuit" Kit from CorporateAutoPartStore, some spare speaker-wire sitting around and the light strips. In theory all I need to do is run power from the Add-A-Circuit, to the rocker-switch. Then branch off of that to the four strips of LEDs. Lead them back and ground them on the switch, then ground the switch to the chassis. Right? Kind of like this

Power --- Switch --- Lights-|
|--------------|
Ground

Crude, I know. I'm sorry in advanced.

Dad's been running an auto-body shop here in my hometown for a number of years now. So, I don't doubt between the two of us we will have the necessary prowess to get this completed in a timely manner.

Also, if you can't tell I'm extremely ADD, so my posts may be a bit... scattered, I'm sorry.

Tell me what you guys think!
Cheers
-T-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 272,441, Level: 100 Points: 272,441, Level: 100 Points: 272,441, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Thanked 6,272 Times in 5,125 Posts
Welcome back!

Interested to see how this turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22 Points: 1,589, Level: 22
Level up: 89% Level up: 89% Level up: 89%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Welcome back,

As far as the wiring goes, I definitely would not use speaker wire for anything other than speakers. Without knowing the current pull of the lights your planning on wiring, or knowing the gauge of the wire, I cannot tell you for sure if it would be safe or not. Probably better off safe than sorry and get spools of red and black wire from walmart, 18gauge is what I usually use on lighting applications but my LED jobs are always custom and pull very little current.

Also, Electrons move from negative to positive so despite what people may tell you it is actually safer to put the switch on the negative side of the lights since its always easier to find a ground anyways, but only do this if its not a lighted switch.
suggested: (positive)--------(lights)---------(switch)----(closest bolt to ground to)
by doing this you only have to run one wire to the lights then one wire from the lights to the switch, then one wire from switch to nearest chassis ground.

Hope this helps.

2010 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet

Mods: Srt4 Spoiler, Black headlights, Black Grille, K&N Drop in, De-chambered intake, Trailer Hitch, Custom Exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Appearance / Body Modifications