Starter Removal - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > General Caliber Discussion

General Caliber Discussion This section is for anything related to the Dodge Caliber that does not fit in the more specific sections.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Starter Removal

First I know this is a caliber forum, but Id like to say I hate this car!

Working on it is the most annoying thing in the world. I did the altenator the other month and it took 4 hours!

Now I have to do the starter.

I have got most of the stuff cleared out the way, but I cant see it, because it is hidden under the manifold.

I was about to remove the manifold just to get it out the way, but Im not trying to turn this into a massive job here. Its 40 degrees outside, and not very fun to work in.

I would really like a copy of the Helms if they have it, but if someone could tell me a better way to remove the starter without having to take the intake off, that would be great.

I would need to know, how many bolts are on this, and anything else that might help.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

im having the same issue! I have a 2007 caliber it has 170,000 miles on it! I had to replace the alternater and all of the tenstioners cause the bearings were out! I had to replace the ball joints and tie rods twice since we owned the car! talk about a piece of bad news! I have to remove the starter so I can test it! the wife came home on Friday and Saturday is when I noticed the car would not start so I thought being out side in Minnesota winter I thought the battery was bad so I tried jumping it and nothing happened! so I heard that there is a corrotion problem with some wire locations! so I check what was recommended to check and it all apeard to be in good shape! so then a friend of mine said that it might be the starter so im trying to find a way to remove the starter but I don't really want to take the rest of the car apart! I have the air box and the battery removed so far! any tips on how to get the starter out without taking the engine apart? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > General Caliber Discussion