It's been a while I've been here. So glad my account is still intact.
Anyways, the reason why I'm here ...
I am having some thoughts about tires of my Caliber. I'm a low-mileage driver since home and work is only 15 minutes away thus the wear is minimal and the threads are still good.
But I'm begining to think there are signs the tires need attention ..
1. Sometimes, the car vibrates when I gradually step on the gas especially when the road is wet.
2. The stopping distance is a bit longer than usual
3. The tires are the original ones, which by measure is around 7 years old now. The make and model is Firestone Affinity Touring T4.
4. Presently, my total mileage is around 79K+.
I asked some people about this but they say the tires should be fine since it has good threads. But my insticts tells me otherwise.
1. Are my instincts correct?
2. If so, I'm planning to buy new-ones by early next year. What's your experience/advice/recomendation with other tires for North American driving?
3. Does it have to be a Touring tire?
3. I know there are "all-season" tires but someone mentioned an "all-season winter" tires. Is that a fact? If so, whats the make and model are these?
Appreciate the input and advice. It's good to be back here.