Oil Pan Gasket Issues - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Caliber and you would like to discuss it, this is the section. Have your car into the dealer for a particular reason and want to talk about it? Do it in here.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Oil Pan Gasket Issues

I have a 2007 Caliber SXT 2.0 Liter. I have 117,000 miles and noticed my oil pan was starting to leak. I replaced the oil pan gasket with a victor reinz gasket. This gasket lasted about a week. It is leaking out of the same location, the aft side just above the drain port where the pan bolts to the engine. I have been trying to find an oil pan gasket that does NOT require RTV sealant and I have had no luck. Is there an oil pan gasket out there that does NOT require sealant? Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Points: 5,764, Level: 49 Points: 5,764, Level: 49 Points: 5,764, Level: 49
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtchncn View Post
I have a 2007 Caliber SXT 2.0 Liter. I have 117,000 miles and noticed my oil pan was starting to leak. I replaced the oil pan gasket with a victor reinz gasket. This gasket lasted about a week. It is leaking out of the same location, the aft side just above the drain port where the pan bolts to the engine. I have been trying to find an oil pan gasket that does NOT require RTV sealant and I have had no luck. Is there an oil pan gasket out there that does NOT require sealant? Please help!
i would strongly recommend using the sealant, gaskets without it tend to leak more. There is also a chance you have a worn block or pan, and the gasket just isnt filling the space...
Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtchncn View Post
How hard was it to get the oil pan off. I am having the same issue on the same type car in the same place. I have all the bolts out of the pan, including the ones that hold the compressor bracket on, and I can't get the oil pan to budge. Been trying to pry it off with a putty knife, screw driver, etc and that sucker is one there! I also noticed, when taking the bolts out of the pan, that they were hand tight at best. Barely had to put any torque on the ratchet to loosen them. Did you notice that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service