I just replaced my stock steering wheel on my 2011 Caliber Heat with a leather steering wheel off a 2009 Avenger with radio controls on it. The (2008-2010) Avenger and Caliber use the same steering wheel. Your Caliber will have the correct clockspring but you'll need to go the dealer and have them Starscan it to add sales code RDZ to your Calibers configuration in order to activate the radio control switch option. So far I've added this option to a 2011 Caliber Heat, 2008 Avenger SXT and a 2009 Challenger R/T.
See the instructions below.
Programming Needed To Add: Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
In the Vehicle Option screen under the Global Claims System category in the Service tab,
enter the cars VIN and the sales code(s) from the list below add in Dealer Installed Options. (Be sure to clear any DTC’s.)
RDZ (Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls)
Confirm that the new sales code(s) has been successfully added to the VIN
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the vehicle, follow these steps below.
IN THE INITIAL START UP SCREEN
1) Press Vehicle Preparation
2) Toggle down and highlight Restore Vehicle Configuration
3) Press Start
4) Press Next
5) If necessary, select proper vehicle line and model year and Press Next
6) Confirm correct selection and Press Next
7) Enter vehicle VIN using on-screen keyboard or confirm that the auto-filled VIN matches vehicle VIN plate and Press Next
8) Press OK
9) Enter user ID, password and dealer code using on-screen keyboard and Press OK
10) Wait for the vehicle configuration data to be downloaded and then Press Next
(this may take 30 minutes or more for Chrysler to send the config file)
12)Confirm that vehicle configuration has been programmed successfully
13)Note on-screen instructions and Press Finish