Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Leak

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  HSKR 
#1 ·
I noticed 2 days ago that i am having a water leak in my rear trunk area....I dont know if it is the window or the hatch itself.....anyone else notice this???

#2 · (Edited)
It's likely the hatch weatherstrip. What is the build date of you Caliber? Look on the white sticker on the inside of the drivers door. Is there lots of water? Did you take out the spare tire and lift up the soft sound pad the spare sits on? Is that wet, if so how much? Did this happen recently after a car wash and if so had you previously went to a car wash before without any problems?

The rear liftgate w/strip will shift if someone leans against it or sits on it which will roll it away from the correct spot for a good seal. If the w/strip looks fine, I'd have the dealer tighten up your rear hatch so it seals better. The downside is it will be harder to shut and you might by chance start having a problem with your tag light bulbs going out from the force needed to shut the liftgate.

#4 ·
This seems like lots of water for a leak after just a regular rain. What is your build date? Does your Caliber not sit in the rain often, because without car wash like pressure you must have a BIG hole somewhere and one would assume that would also leak wind while driving to make it really obvious.

#5 ·
I'd like to hear an update what the dealer finds?

BUMP :)

#8 ·
MikeyJCaliber said:
Took it in on the 10th and it hasnt rained hard as of yet....When ever I pick up my car they never tell me what they have done so we will have to wait and see.
They don't give you the paperwork for they work the did? Kinda like a receipt. They have to give it to you. You can always ask as well. I'd never pick my car up from anywhere after getting work done on it without finding out what al they did. For reference, we just got our Caliber back after over a month at the dealer. I knew exactly what they id to the car. When i got it home, I opend to hood to check everything out, and found an extra bolt and a black cap for the A/C sitting on the wiper cowl. As well as finding that they didn't tighten the radiator cap down, so we are low on coolant now. Tried taking it back today, but the were closed for "inventory'. Its going back Monday with a LOT of bitching by me. Leaving **** on the wiper cowl like that and not tightening down the radiator cap is unacceptable. If I hadn't check under the hood, we could have lost all our coolant and overheated the engine from the loose radiator cap. Then the dealer would be buying us a new motor.

#9 ·
HSKR - I understand going back to complain, but seriously your not going to give that dealerships service center another change are you?

Consumer Relations in Auburn Hill, MI CALL: 1-800-992-1997 :)

#10 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
HSKR - I understand going back to complain, but seriously your not going to give that dealerships service center another change are you?

Consumer Relations in Auburn Hill, MI CALL: 1-800-992-1997 :)
Well we should be getting a survey about our service right?? Right now calling the consumer relations isn't going to fix my car. Depending on what the dealer says Monday though, I may just call up and file a complaint with the dealer. Thanks for the number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.