Dodge Caliber Forums banner

No electrical power from cig. lighter or power outlet

32K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Daisygaltx 
#1 ·
I'm starting to get scared! I just bought my 07 caliber 4 days ago (used) and I keep finding things wrong with it! While these things are small, i'd still like to get them fixed. Anyways, the problem I have for you all today is that neither the cigarette lighter nor the power outlet (150V right?) are working. Is there like some sort of a trick to getting power to these? Yes I have tried using them when the car is started and have got nothing. Could it possibly be a fuse? Any help/advice is always appreciated.

#3 ·
Fuse is blown

#7 ·
sorry, forgot to add.... my fuse always (only, but always) blows when I use the tire inflator.... it'll work great for tire #1, then I start to fill tire #2 (after the track) and pow-wow-wowers gone (I carry spare ones now for when Im at the track/need a refil for my tires...)

Although,,... I think each time my car was turned off... maybe if I had it on that problem'd go away?

#11 ·
I certainly need help here. My cigarette lighter would randomly charge then stopped completely. I've had no problems with the back wiper. I replaced the cigarette lighter with no success. I changed the #16 fuse with no luck as well. The old fuse looked fine.
What else might it be? Any ideas will be appreciated !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.