Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Heater Core Leaking on 2007 Caliber

18K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  HICal 
#1 ·
My daughter just called to report that every time she makes a left turn she get a splash of hot water on her feet coming from the vents under the console. This would seem to be a heater core issue right ? Is this normal for a 50K mile vehicle to have sprung a proverbial leak ? Any assistance would be appreciated. Calls to the dealer have the repair estimate at about a grand with about 10 days waiting on the part.

Stay safe and have a graet day.

#3 ·
Yes sounds like the AC/Evap drain is plugged.
You can get at it by lifting the carpeting under
the gas pedal,the hose goes thru the firewall at
that point.

#6 ·
Thanks for the directions on the AC condensate tube location, the tube was in out the firewall but was not draining, did a bit of manual massaging and dislodged whatever was blocking it. It began to flow, so I stuffed it back in thru the FW and it drained about a gallon on to the ground. That is the good news, bad news is now I have to pull the carpet so that it can be dried out completely. I did not see anything come out of the line and it was not in a kink at any point so I am hoping it was a fluke. Does anyone have a pic of the underdash area below the glove assemblies. Hers has a very odd colored material that is now kinda flaking away. not sure if it is from the water backup into the HVAC system or not but nothing I seen in the newer vehicles.

Stay safe.

Capt. Nelson

#10 ·
There is a cardboard fiber type of insulation pad behind the glovebox. If needed, remove it, let it dry out then reinstall. If worst, then replace it.
For the a/c drain tube problem. Take a wet/dry shop vac and from the firewall side, suck out the water, moisture and crud from the drain tube.

#12 ·
Thanks for the help

OK, I was thinking the same about the insulating material, I will take it out and get it some Texas heat to dry it out. Got most of the water from the carpet and still working on getting the insualtion backing dry. Thansk for all of the the suggestions.

Stay safe.

#13 ·
OK, I was thinking the same about the insulating material, I will take it out and get it some Texas heat to dry it out. Got most of the water from the carpet and still working on getting the insualtion backing dry. Thansk for all of the the suggestions.

Stay safe.
Good! seems like it was an "easy" (or at least cheap) problem to fix for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.