Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Need Help, Pass Headlight out, high & low beam

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  28227 
#1 ·
Had this problem awhile back and tried everything, dealer told me previously that the TIPM control's everything wanted over $1000. to replace but for some reason the problem resolved itself and now months later it's out again also have a check engine light on for the Evap canister very small leak. changed the Purge valve where the problem normally is but no change ! looked over all wiring and cannot find any bad spots although have not tested them, that's next. did get it working a month ago by disconnecting the battery for at least 12 hours and it worked for awhile, went out a week ago again and disconnected and it only worked for a few days, figuring it could only be the TIPM I removed it checked all connectors, all looked fine with no signs of corrosion ! so ordered a replacement (refurbished by Dorman and got it through Rock Auto $250. ) very easy to replace, my 2008 SE has only 10 connectors, replaced it followed the instructions to have the car recognize it and clear codes, ( key to run 12 sec off 12 sec ) Thought I would be good to go, but didn't work :frown:!!!
Any ideas ?? only replaced the TIPM because they are so problematic and run everything .
Are there any Dodge/Chrysler Tech's on here with an idea ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.