Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Reverse Lockout Cable

6K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TKE_Motown 
#1 ·
Afternoon.....have searched multiple threads, online, as well as direct with a dodge dealer (parts department). The reverse lockout cable snapped and I cannot locate the part number or where to purchase a replacement. It appears to be a small metal thread cable, approximately 1 '- 1 1/2' in length with a cylindrical end for insertion on the reverse lockout lever as well as underneath the gear shift column (moves the safety plate to allow access to the reverse gear). Falling short of creating my own cable, has anyone has this issue and replaced the cable?

Thanks for the help

JRei

#2 ·
Really need some assistance on this. Here is a picture of the cable. The side which shows the thread fraying has an end identical to the intact side.

Attachments

#3 ·
This exact same issue just happened to me last night. I called the dealer and they said you can't get just the cable and I'd have to purchase the entire shifter assembly. Any help on the part #, instructions on how to replace it, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
-Motown (new guy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.