Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Emergency Spot cleaning (man vs. bird)

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  08sunburst 
#1 ·
So you are out and about and a bird decides your shiny Caliber would be perfect for marking it's territory.

What do you do or use to reclaim your car as yours (and not the bird's)?

#2 ·
one of these

...oh, you mean the car? Thats when i pull out the bottle of instant detailer in the back and soak that crap really good and carefully use a MF towel to wipe it away.

I remember when i first got the car, a bird dumped on the front bumper, and i used paper towel to take it off...actually ended up scratching the bumper. Thankfully that bumper is long gone, but always been scared since then

#3 ·
one of these

...oh, you mean the car? Thats when i pull out the bottle of instant detailer in the back and soak that crap really good and carefully use a MF towel to wipe it away.

I remember when i first got the car, a bird dumped on the front bumper, and i used paper towel to take it off...actually ended up scratching the bumper. Thankfully that bumper is long gone, but always been scared since then
I think that may be the next mod I consider. Mount it between the windshield and the sunroof. That way a passenger can be my active gunner.

I normally have my quick detailer in the car. I think it ended up in my bag of detailing products however as I couldn't find it when i looked.

#4 ·
Quick detailer is a BAD idea. Better than nothing, but because it does not have any polymers to trap the ****, even if you soak it up there is still good chance of marring the paint.

If you want to be completely safe, invest in ONR. You would probably need to order it online, but especially because you have a black car, its worth the money to get it.

Basically, its a no rinse wash. You spray it on, and wipe it off. It has polymers that trap dirt, and allow to be wiped clean without damaging the paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.