Dodge Caliber Forums banner

radio shuts off

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  svracer01 
#1 ·
the other day i got into my car and thought it was strange that the radio was on AM (instead of SAT as usual) and the clock was off by several hours. all my presets were there so i changed the clock and went about my day.
today i get in the car and i get a couple miles from the house and all the lights related to the radio (display, lights around knobs, in the numbers, in the cd slot) all start to flicker and fade in and out. i lose sound and the flickering and fading continues until nothing. a few times during the trip everything would come back but no sound then poof! out again.
once the car cools down the radio works as normal until the engine heats up again. i managed to get it to come on long enough to spit my cd out. ive checked the fuse under the hood and it looks good although i may try and change it out just to rule it out 100%.
anyone experience this? ideas? suggestions? i really dont need this right now. i dont want to shell out $$ for a new radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.