Dodge Caliber Forums banner

No start, but engine clicks

19K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pcushion141 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Caliber that will not start. When I turn the key the engine just clicks.

I've checked the battery, it has a full charge.

I initially thought it may be the starter, changed that out, only to find the problem still exists.

All fuses appear to be okay.

After reading these forums and Google and discovering the issue with the theft system I can say I believe the key fob opens the doors. It never occurred to me to pay attention to that.

I'v read about the Neutral Safety Switch, even if the engine clicks could that be the issue? Or, should I look at something else?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

#2 ·
It's been a while since I have been on here... Still have the 07 and 08 Calibers. Both now have over 100k miles on them, each.

Recently, my 08 SXT has been experiencing an intermittent, no start condition as well. It will start fine one moment, then for no reason, out of the blue, I will not be able to crank it over. There is power. I've replaced the battery and alternator. I hear the fuel pump prime up. But when I turn the key to start, everything goes black and there's is nothing but silence [crickets chirping in the background].
I have read at the other Caliber site, and other sites as well, that it could be anything from the ignition relay, or the chip on the key, to the ECM...
I am hesitant to go anywhere with it because I do not want to get stuck...

As with the OP, I would love to hear from any Dodge Tech types to resolve this.
Buying another car is not an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.