Dodge Caliber Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q&A Completed: Wednesday, September 13th 2006

28K views 66 replies 21 participants last post by  larryc7777 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The session is in progress, please post your questions only after reading the entire thread to assure your question has not already been asked and answered. Please remember Team SRT will not answer questions on future product development.

Medic

Ok everyone that magic time has come when we get to off and talk about all the questions you gave us tonight. Thanks to all for a great session and stay tuned. Thanks also for following the rules and helping us get to all of the questions. We'll see you again next month and we'll give you a little more notice on which forum we'll be on (my bad).

#52 · (Edited by Moderator)
Re: Q&A Session IN PROGRESS [Wednesday, September 13th from 6pm to 8pm EST]

Hypothetical "performance" question for the SRT team:

There is a company sponsored track-only speed contest to be held for the SRT engineers. Each engineer will have his choice of any stock SRT8 vehicle. The vehicles can be modded with any bolt-on performance modifications desired. The winner will be determined by the fastest ET times at the track and will recieve free prime rib dinners for a year, double-vacation time, double bonuses, free membership to their favorite golf course and Five $25.00 coupons valid at the local strip joint...

Which aftermarket mods would you add and why, and what HP gains would you expect?

1. Long-tube headers

2. Cold air intake

3. Lower thermostat

4. Throttle body spacer

5. Port/polished heads/intake

6. ______________________

7. ______________________

we'll assume you own the company...... throw the party, pick the track, and we'll bring our iron........

#53 ·

Not "cancelled or recalled". In development we obviously do A-B-A comparsions and it's just that when it came to headers none of the stuff that would package offered any significant gains over stock headers.[/quote]

Thanks for the response. Mopar heads and PCM are out for the 5.7...should we assume there will be heads and a PCM for the 6.1 too?

Stay tuned

#54 · (Edited by Moderator)

Corsa appears to be the maker of the Mopar exhaust for the LX SRT-8s. What went into the decision to use Corsa and what kinds of performance gains did those systems average (Corsa does not have dyno numbers on its site for that system)?

We take a look at various systems and try to make the best match for the given vehicle.

#57 · (Edited by Moderator)

larryc7777 said:
Any plans to address the long delay in shifting when using "manual" mode on the GCs?

need some more details on the shift....upshifts?....wot?...
Sorry, WOT upshifts REQUIRE that the shift be initiated at least 600 RPM before the desired shift point in order to avoid contacting the rev limiter. Touching the rev limiter loses the race when bracket racing.

does it happen everytime?? what happens when you leave it in drive??....

#59 · (Edited by Moderator)

Do you forsee a TSB on the Jeep SRT8 brakes comming out like there is for the Lx cars? I only had 250 miles on mine and the Rotors started to score. Dealer only wanted to replace one Rotor and pads but knew I was rather unhappy so he reluctantly replaced both Front Rotors and pads. One of the main reasons that I bought the GC SRT8 was because it came with the Brembo Brakes. I feel that if the rotors were either grooved or cross drilled the scoring of the Rotors would be solved. This is my 3rd Jeep GC and I have had problems with the scoring of the rotors on every one of them until I installed Brembo Rotors and Hawk Pads at my expense. At price that we had to pay for these vehicles I do believe that we should get help from Daimler Chrysler and a TSB should come out on the Jeep GC SRT8. Please,Please HELP. By the way,a lot of the other Jeep SRT8 owners are experiencing the same problem. PLEASE HELP. Thank you very much in advance. Rich(only in name now that Daimler Chrsler has my money)

no plans at this time for a tsb........

#61 · (Edited by Moderator)

What is your opinion on this aftermarket "mod":

We have completed a performance Transmission calibration that gives the following enhancements over the stock calibration

Torque converter stall raised 500 rpm,
This gets allows the car to move much quicker in to the rpms and higher torque curve resulting in quicker acceleration.

Holds the gear longer,
while in D the stock car will shift early and with our calibration the car holds the performance gear longer before shifting to a crusing gear or the next gear .

Increased line pressure This provides quicker and firmer shifts and very exact shifting when you are under hard acceleration

General Information

This module is a direct replacement factory part and we provide complete factory instructions.

This unit must be installed at your dealer as the can bus system requires that you Have a scan tool to input the serial # to link the new module with you vehicle

Currently this is only available for the 6.1 300, Charger and Magnum SRT’s

Sell price $ 699.00

can't comment on someone elses aftermarket parts...

#62 · (Edited by Moderator)

larryc7777 said:
Sorry, WOT upshifts REQUIRE that the shift be initiated at least 600 RPM before the desired shift point in order to avoid contacting the rev limiter. Touching the rev limiter loses the race when bracket racing.

does it happen everytime?? what happens when you leave it in drive??....
1st to 2nd WOT manual shift entails a 500-600 rpm delay. It is especially annoying on the 1st-2nd shift because the rpms build so quickly that you have to short shift to avoid the rev limiter. The subsequent shifts have a lesser delay but still longer than a vehicle of this performance level should have.
Leaving it in drive works very well at the track.....BUT, those "occassional" encounters off track sometimes call for manual control to get the tranny to stay in 1st gear. If you could get the manual shifts to happen as well as the automatic shifts, then the manual mode would be much more usable.

By "delay" I mean the time required between shifter movement & shift completion. The tranny isn't slipping & the shifts are firm when they do happen.

this sounds similar to the lx situation.....you could street race in drive....by the way it is illegal......

#63 · (Edited by Moderator)

why are the srt-10 regular cabs not rated to tow? is it becuase of their frame or because the transmission cant take it?
what is the torque converter stall speed on the srt-10 ram Quad cab?
also, how much does each rear wheel and tire on the viper weigh?

The Ram SRT10 regular cab's transmission is not designed for towing.

Viper wheel/tire weight depends -- different model years used different tires, and over the years, a couple of different wheel designs have been offered.

#64 · (Edited by Moderator)

Last session with Team SRT, there was mention of a fix for the 1-2 shift hesitation that would be coming out "very soon". Has that been delayed?

I don't have the hesitation in automatic mode, but in manual mode it is pretty bad.

Thanks

the tsb to address this issue should be out any day.......stay tuned....

#65 ·

doublelx said:
Last session with Team SRT, there was mention of a fix for the 1-2 shift hesitation that would be coming out "very soon". Has that been delayed?

I don't have the hesitation in automatic mode, but in manual mode it is pretty bad.

Thanks

the tsb to address this issue should be out any day.......stay tuned....
There is a nasty rumor that this fix also lowers the performance level of the vehicle....Say it ain't so!

We agree - THAT IS A VERY NASTY RUMOR

#66 ·

Other than decreased fuel efficiency, can you tell us if there are any potential engine problems/damage that could result by using lower temp (180) thermostats?

Rambit

the car is designed to run with the current thermostat, any changes to that are pointless for performance improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.