Dodge Caliber Forums banner

New Head Unit Question

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mdagostino840 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a SE 2.0 (base-model) Caliber. I am currently looking for some new speakers and possibly a head-unit. From my understanding, the speakers are probably one of the easiest upgrades in the Caliber. In fact, it is probably something I can install myself. As for the head-unit, I've heard the base model stereo (CD/AUX/Satellite/AM-FM) is a 1.5 DIN. Is this correct? Also, I am looking at getting a navigation head-unit. Any recommendations on a brand that carries 1.5 DIN navigation units. I am really open to any navigation unit, as long as it is easy to moderately easy labor. My concern is that I will end up having to buy a 2 DIN and THEN try and make it fit somehow. Not sure how... anyways, thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks in Advance!
:)

#2 ·
Welcome!

Not sure on what year your Caliber is...

The regular radios are about a 1.5 - 2 DIN in size.

If you do a 2 DIN radio, your best bet is to purchase a 2009 Radio Bezel and then get the appropriate "Dash Kit" for the radio, and it will look almost factory clean. The 2009 radio bezel is a very good fit for a Double DIN radio, and the dash kit just fills in the spaces on the sides.

See here for more info: http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16812

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.