Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Missing Panel?

5K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  erich82 
#1 ·
Hey everyone!

So, I was cleaning the Cali up yesterday and noticed that a PANEL IS MISSING UNDER THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT ON THE PASSENGER SIDE??? IS THIS NORMAL? CAN SOMEONE TAKE A PICTURE SO I CAN COMPARE? I KNOW THE CALIBER AIN'T A MERCEDES, BUT DAYYYYUM! :mad:

#7 · (Edited)
Bulldogger said:
I totally forgot to mention this to them. :eek:
I can get a better pic in a bit if needed.
BINGO!!!! WTF is up with that? That's EXACTLY how mines is! Also, if you look more closely (wider angle) it looks like a panel BELONGS THERE! :mad:
Did the robots forget to add a panel?? This is unacceptable!!!!!!

*BTW Thanks for the pic BD*

#10 · (Edited)
froglove said:
Looks like it's normal to be like that. Honestly, I don't know of many cars with an actual panel down there, but most don't have the insualtion stuff either, it's usually just black plastic ducting for the heater.
I've owned 8 cars, NONE OF THEM had this issue! Also forgot to mention that upon further inspection, I noticed too many mechanical parts in plain view of where the drivers knees and feet are! I've never see the STEERING WHEEL COLUMN on ANY of my cars. Talk about CHEEEEEEAP!:eek: Then again, all my other cars were GERMAN! If this is how AMERICA MAKES IT'S CARS, I'll PASS on the NEXT ROUND!:mad: I'll bet it only costs DCX about $7000.00 or $8000.00 to make the CALIBER!

#12 · (Edited)
Bulldogger said:
I've never seen this before either & I've owned nothing but domestics.

Give it a chance man, let's see how it holds up for a bit.

btw - I was told the other day by someone that don't expect any more than 180,000km from the CVT. :eek:
Oh SHHHHHHHHHHT!:eek: YOU GOTTA BE FUGGIN KIDDING ME BD! So is this what NISSAN is expecting out of their new MAXIMA?
ANYWAY, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP! I MAY BE BAILING OUT OF THE DEAL @ 50K-75K:D

#13 ·
I've mostly owned trucks, so could be a little different. But the '94 Thunderbird I had was the same way. The lower dash panel didn't go all the way to the firewall and you could see the heater ducting if you looked under. It's not like you can see it when sitting in the car normally, and it took you actually looking down there while cleaning to notice. I know my Dakota is the same way though. Even the drivers side with seeing under the dash. But it's something you don't usually notice because rarely are you down that look to see under the dash like that. And you did buy the cheapest priced Dodge on the market. I was actually surprised with some of the features you get with the price.

#14 ·
froglove said:
I've mostly owned trucks, so could be a little different. But the '94 Thunderbird I had was the same way. The lower dash panel didn't go all the way to the firewall and you could see the heater ducting if you looked under. It's not like you can see it when sitting in the car normally, and it took you actually looking down there while cleaning to notice. I know my Dakota is the same way though. Even the drivers side with seeing under the dash. But it's something you don't usually notice because rarely are you down that look to see under the dash like that. And you did buy the cheapest priced Dodge on the market. I was actually surprised with some of the features you get with the price.
Yea, but DON'T REMIND ME...:(

#15 ·
But the real question is...How do you FEEL in the car. I feel that it is pretty solidly made when I'm in it and I feel safe. Not to mention the car looks GREAT! To me, those are the things that matter most. I think we have some good quality here though!

#18 · (Edited)
BethJ said:
But the real question is...How do you FEEL in the car. I feel that it is pretty solidly made when I'm in it and I feel safe. Not to mention the car looks GREAT! To me, those are the things that matter most. I think we have some good quality here though!
I feel GREAT in it Beth! You have a GOOD POINT THERE GAL! Want to go on a DATE?:D:)

#19 ·
STEELBLueCALI said:
I feel GREATin it Beth! You have a GOOD POINT THERE GAL! Want to go on a DATE?:D:)
hmmm... never been to NYC :D

#23 ·
STEELBLueCALI said:
Sort of like a Chinese American?:(:eek: (No offense to Chinese):D It sure don't DRIVE like a GERMAN CAR!!!!!!!!!
I think it's just the crappy colour of that stuff. If it was grey or tan it would blend in better. I checked under the dash of the Mercedes and found the same stuff, but partially covered with a black plastic cover with 1" round holes in it. I've owned at least 12 German cars since the 60's and as far as driveability, I think the Caliber is one of the most stable Big Three cars, especially at highway speeds. SRT Hemi's stable but scary.

#24 ·
Just a thought.. could it be open like this for the function of the knee air-bags? Rather than having a plastic panel blowing down on your lower legs? I probably don't have any idea what I am talking about, but I need the post count:p .

#25 ·
GypsyBill said:
Just a thought.. could it be open like this for the function of the knee air-bags? Rather than having a plastic panel blowing down on your lower legs? I probably don't have any idea what I am talking about, but I need the post count:p .
OK actually that makes sense. lol I just wonder why they put it on the other side. I think we should write them and ask. Maybe it started as a mistake and they just left it lol WHO KNOWS :(

#26 ·
GypsyBill said:
I don't think there is an airbag for the passenger I thought it just for the driver's knees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.