Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Custom interior

75K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  theredfox 
#1 ·
I know some of you have done custom interior work, I'm slowly working on mine. Let's see what everyone else has done to the dash, seats, doors, or any and everything on the inside.

#61 · (Edited)
Well then mine is gone. afterall my car was used when I bought it, I just never thought there was anything there. Guess that could be a next project, replace parts that should be there. Just not until after I get my windows tinted which should hopefully be next weekend.

edit: This is what I have right there...

#66 ·
Idk if it was ever really there, but it would be nice to put one there. Anyways, back on topic, no one else has anything done to their interior? I want to see everything everyone has done dash, seats, headliner, doors, any and everything.

#70 ·
No idea what the difference is. I used the cheap 20 dollar harness for my indash, ran the accessory wire and everything works.

The reason you have to run accessory is because there is not an accessory wire built into the factory wiring....

#71 ·
Oh ok bro do u mean the red wire? Cause the harness I bought the red 12v wire it had was in a different spot of the factory harness, so that red wire wasn't conected to nothing, which wire did u tap the cig wire to? U know how the harness has 2 yellows 2 blacks and 1 red and the stereo harness has 1 yellow 1 black and 1 red, did u connect 1 and 1 yellow 1 and 1 black and the red wire from the stereo is that the one u connected to the cig wire? Cause when I would connect 1 and 1 yellow and 1 and 1 black it wouldn't turn on but if I would tap the red from the stereo to the yellows it would turn on but without the key so the stereo would stay on all day and I don't want that

#72 ·
The red wire gets tapped into the cig lighter. The wire for the + accessory in the cigarette lighter should be a striped wire. The other is solid black and a ground.

The two yellows i tied together, and connected to the radio harness
Two blacks i tied together and connected to the black on the radio harness

Red gets run to the cig lighter.

Doing that, the radio should turn on and off with the car, but keep in mind the radio will stay on until one of the doors open.

Once the doors open it kills the power to the cig lighter. Either that, or i think it auto shuts off after a minute or two if you dont open the door right away.

#73 ·
Oh ok bro I got it thankes for the big help u just saved me 120 dollars : ) oh bro one other thing idk if u have a double din or a flip out tv but if u do what I'd u connect the wire that let's u c the image? It originally has to be connected to the ebrake but then it won't let u watch videos/movies while driving unless the ebrake is pulled up

#74 ·
depends on the brand of indash it is and how old or new it is. I know my kenwood i just had to ground the parking brake wire, but some of the indashes out there you have to have a switch for, or multiple switches, etc etc.

#77 ·
Yeah well mine is a puoneer newest model, the reason I don't wanna put it with the parking brake is cause then u can't c videos while driving, so if I ground it it should get?

#78 ·
from what i remember, pioneers have ALWAYS required at least one type of switch, if not more...

which model pioneer is it?

#80 ·
from what i have read about the 5200bt, the wire for the parking brake should be green coming from the radio's harness

you need to get a switch like this one:

Run the green wire to one end of the switch, and then run a wire from the switch to a ground.

Every time you start the car/indash, you will have to flick the switch to get it to think the parking brake has been released and re-engaged

Im not 100% that it will work, but thats what i have been reading.

I know that the older pioneers used to have to have a switch inline with that parking brake wire.

#83 ·
pull up on it, hard, dont hit yourself in the face, and good luck getting an aftermarket knob on there

imo the factory shift knob is perfect and plenty confortable

#86 ·
hey everone! Here's some pics of the tripple gauge set up,oil,volt& a narrow band a/f, ya i know i need to upgrade to a wideband. carbin fiber wrap around the dash kit. An still looking for some more ideas!

Reactions: Germaneon
#91 ·
Sorry to be a little off topic, but I've always wondered about self-modifications. Do we have to declare this stuff to the insurance companies? I'm pretty sure they won't cover any additions or instalments that are too wild and that change the basic integrity of the original components...

#95 ·
Slowly customizing my wife's car into a party and a little sporty one (but just for the interior). Added some blue and pink lights on the side of the door. Also DIY our old mat and painted it white but I used a paint for rubber. The result was not as perfect as I thought but I can't find any white rubber mat. My next task is to install a disco light on top but don't know how to do it. I don't want to buy a battery-operated one online. I want something that I can control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.