Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Jack stand position

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  erich82 
#1 ·
I did a search but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Are the pinch welds under the rocker panel strong enough to support jack stands? My old nsrt4 said they were fine but it said this in the manuel and I can't seem to find this the csrt's book.

#3 ·
I thought they were fine, but someone on here said the vehicle can't be lifted by the pinchwelds, I lifted one corner of my car once without any issues before I read that. But now I use the thicker chasis bars that run further under the car, left and right sides. The Caliber shop manual only lists the chassis bars as the lift points. The front point is between the first and second hole, the rear point is basically right at the end where it makes a 90 degree turn upwards. I've never seen an owner's manual that didn't list the jacking points, our manuals are sorely lacking in information, lots of important information missing out of our owner manuals.

#5 ·
JSRT4 said:
I thought they were fine, but someone on here said the vehicle can't be lifted by the pinchwelds, I lifted one corner of my car once without any issues before I read that. But now I use the thicker chasis bars that run further under the car, left and right sides. The Caliber shop manual only lists the chassis bars as the lift points. The front point is between the first and second hole, the rear point is basically right at the end where it makes a 90 degree turn upwards. I've never seen an owner's manual that didn't list the jacking points, our manuals are sorely lacking in information, lots of important information missing out of our owner manuals.
I think our manual doesnt list jack points as there is no jack in the vehicle lol, only a dinky compressor...

Just dont jack it like my brother did one time...He actually put the jack upside down, the large part on the vehicle and thin part on the ground...
Needless to say, he made a hole in the driveway lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.