Dodge Caliber Forums banner

car died :(

5K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  SilveRbackT4 
#1 ·
Power shifted into third racing a stang then car died started back up and idle was crazy off.. turned car off and back on and its fine besides the cel .. my mods are listed ...

#2 ·
Checked the code it said was the ecu like it turned off or something I guess?

#4 ·
Well the scan gauge don't ****ing work finally came in Thursday put in Friday worked and now the screen just blue won't work at all:(

#6 ·
Don't work I tried. A few times

#9 ·
Or test the scangauge in another car (assuming you can remove it easily)

#10 ·
I know exactly what happen. You hit the rev limiter and didn't know it the Light Bolt came on you have no power you can step on the gas but it does nothing. It happen to me.

Turn off the car and back on again it will run thats all it is. Lately I was boost leak testing my car and spray water with soap on the injectors I gues I got some sensor wet cause the lightning bolt came on while i was on the freeway.

Pull over turn off and back on again it run fine and when I was on my way home just got into my driveway it came on again.

Lightning bolt is the "electronic throttle" you won't get a code for it...

#11 ·
It threw a code sayin ecu malfunction... and at first. Start it idle crazy bad

#13 ·
Power shifted into third racing a stang then car died started back up and idle was crazy off.. turned car off and back on and its fine besides the cel .. my mods are listed ...
What do you mean you "Power Shifted"???
(Did you stay WOT, punch the clutch, threw it into third with your foot still WOT)

The Caliber SRT-4 does not allow WOT Shifting (Power Shifting) like the Neon did.

The CEL is on for a reason... what's the list of codes?

At a minimum... Disconnect the Negative Terminal on the Battery for about 15 minutes and reconnect it back up.

See if the CEL returns and how the car drives.

#14 ·
Don't power shift...

#16 ·
That's like me tellin u to stop takin pictures.... drag strip car shows and speed is my hobby... its the thing I enjoy doin.. break downs come wit the game.. no big deal ya sucks but hey just a reason to go bigger IMO

#19 ·
Power shifting is real easy

#23 ·
Apparently not when you do it. :lol:

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#27 ·
Try this

My experience with issues like this led me to the conclusion that when a power shift is performed at or near redline and there is some wheel spin....this does throw the check engine light and put the car in limp mode.

If you have a scan guage, go into controls, reset the TCU, then you must Clear "DTC's" three times in a row in order for it to actually clear. Do this with the key in the on position without the car running. Once you clear the dtc's three times, turn the key to off and you could be good to go!

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.