Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Wet floor mats in Caliber.

5K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  tupmeier 
#1 ·
Hey,

my Caliber R/T is very new, own it two weeks now.
I have the problem that my floor mats get wet. After a rain and after carwash.

Did anyone have the same problem? :confused:

#2 ·
Mr. Shp said:
Hey,

my Caliber R/T is very new, own it two weeks now.
I have the problem that my floor mats get wet. After a rain and after carwash.

Did anyone have the same problem? :confused:
close the window... just kidding. can you tell where it is coming in?

#7 ·
I would still put my money on the sun roof being the origin of the leak. Even if it doesnt seem to be wetting the headliner much if at all.

#9 ·
srt_someday said:
I had a neon that did this. When I drove in a hard rain, the floor mats in the back would get wet, and I think the seat too. I took it to the dealer and I believe they had to replace a tailight.
yes...that was something kidn of common w/ neons, I think it was the taillight seal inside that didnt seat right and thats why it leaked. I never had that problem w/ my neon, or my caliber though.

#11 ·
Mr. Shp said:
went to the carwash today. Now I know where the water could comes from.
It flows near the A-Pillar on the drivers side inside. More on wednesday after my dealers checked my car.
There are 4 drain hoses from the sunroof one in each of the "A" pillars
and one in each of the side door pillars.
Possibily the one has been damaged or disconnected.

#12 ·
Hi there,

I bought a Caliber on 22nd September. I've got the same problem with wet floor mats. At first I thought it came off a passengers shoes/clothing etc but when it got worse I knew it was a leak. I was able to run a sponge through it with clear water coming out. Anyhow, I looked on this website to see if anyone else had the same problem. There's another post by NewPowerRadio and he's had literally a flood in his Caliber! Mine isn't that bad but still bad enough for the water to start smelling! My leak is on the passenger side - left hand side as I'm in the UK. I took the car to the dealer and he said he'd just been to a technical brief and that this problem wasn't raised. Well it is likely to only happen when it rains shiX loads! They couldn't obviously see anything wrong so the car was booked in. I took it in yesterday and get it back tomorrow. The other post mentioned something about the water coming down the A pillars like you're mentioning. I'll see what the dealer finds and post the news! Others, beware of heavy rain, your Caliber might begin to flood.

#13 ·
.38 said:
Could be bad or mis-aligned weather stripping. Had that problem in the Neon and they replaced the rubber strip around the passenger door
Ditto that, but on my ION, not my Neon. Replaced the stripping around the windows and the problem was solved.

As far as the sunroof goes.... my gf had a leak in her trunk due to the water exit canal being clogged that runs from her sunroof down and out of her car somewhere's. The one in the car i'm driving now is after-factory, but haven't had any problems yet other than the roof liner by the botton saggin a smidge... fixed with hot glue!! :cool:

#15 ·
I just had my car spend 2 and half days in the dealer and they took apart all passenger side panels and took out the seat and the carpets to find a water leak. They then removed the front passenger quarter panel and found 2 holes about the size of a straw that the robots missed with foam. They said I will be finally picking up my car sometime tomorrow. So have been without a car for 3 days they would not even give me a loaner car when its Dodge's problem. Sucks to buy a new car that is not supposed to have problems and have this happen. If your having water leaks you need to have this checked. If the robot's missed one they sure missed more. :mad:

#16 · (Edited)
Chrysler will pay for a loaner, but the dealers don't always have to have one available. They often have to call a local rent-a-car company. I once on a holiday weekend was told sorry we have no loaners to give you. I did fight and said well you better find one or I'm calling Chrysler because it's part of my warranty!

They gave me one the salesman were using. :D

Sorry to hear about your problem, but robots SUCK :mad:

#17 ·
Hey I had the same problem with my Caliber RT. I took it in the dealer and they fixed it. Some thing to do with the panel. They had to take my caliber apart. It took them a week to fix because they had to wait for the new carpet to come in. The service manager requested to have the carpet replaced instead of using the old one. The dealer gave me a free rental car with no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.