Dodge Caliber Forums banner

CSRT4 and mitsubishi

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  joemcmillen 
#1 ·
for some reason i remember reading somewhere that the engine was put together by hyundai and mitsubishi? 0.o

im asking because im looking to learn about these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I believe you're right. Its called a World Engine because a couple different manufacturers use it.

#4 ·
Mitsubishi and Caliber

for some reason i remember reading somewhere that the engine was put together by hyundai and mitsubishi? 0.o

im asking because im looking to learn about these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Not sure about the engine, but the front suspension weldment is identical to a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. The front lower control arms are cast aluminum on the Lancer and will bolt right on to a Caliber SRT-4. the stock units are stamped steel and deform easily under heavy braking and cornering. You can also attach the sway bar to the control arms directly, eliminating the attachment point on the strut.

#9 ·
Not sure about the engine, but the front suspension weldment is identical to a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR. The front lower control arms are cast aluminum on the Lancer and will bolt right on to a Caliber SRT-4. the stock units are stamped steel and deform easily under heavy braking and cornering. You can also attach the sway bar to the control arms directly, eliminating the attachment point on the strut.

So if I understand correct... I can take upgraded evo suspension and swap it in to the caliber srt4?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.