Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Electronic Throttle control Indicator Light stays on after Start????

15K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Tipsynoodle 
#1 ·
Hello everyone ,i have one proplem my Electronic Throttle control Indicator Light stays on after Starting the engine ,after 15 minutes driving i stopt and turnt the engine of and on again and the light stays of now .i made an apointment for tuesday morning with the dealer but if someone could explain to me what it does and what is it for and if i can damage anything while driving my car until tuesday ???????

#2 ·
tupmeier said:
Hello everyone ,i have one proplem my Electronic Throttle control Indicator Light stays on after Starting the engine ,after 15 minutes driving i stopt and turnt the engine of and on again and the light stays of now .i made an apointment for tuesday morning with the dealer but if someone could explain to me what it does and what is it for and if i can damage anything while driving my car until tuesday ???????
are you talking about that light that is on if you dont put the clutch in and try to start the car?

#5 ·
Well, at least you car was still driveable with the light on. I've had it come one twice on my car. Both times while I was driving, and both times I lost almost all throttle control. Only way I coudl get the car to move was pushing the gas pedal all the way down. Shut the car off for a few seconds and started it again and it reset itself. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong, and no stored codes.

#6 ·
HSKR said:
Well, at least you car was still driveable with the light on. I've had it come one twice on my car. Both times while I was driving, and both times I lost almost all throttle control. Only way I coudl get the car to move was pushing the gas pedal all the way down. Shut the car off for a few seconds and started it again and it reset itself. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong, and no stored codes.
Thanks HSKR for your respond ,do you have any idea why is it doing that ,because in the tsb is stated that its due to a poor start(dumbing clutch) and i am shure i was driving the same like always ,i would never dumb the clutch

#7 ·
Well, I have the CVT. Not sure why it did it to me. Both times I was slowing down on an off ramp. Not even touching the throttle. And when I went to hit the gas pedal again to maintain a slower speed, the light came on and it started bucking.

#8 ·
HSKR said:
Well, I have the CVT. Not sure why it did it to me. Both times I was slowing down on an off ramp. Not even touching the throttle. And when I went to hit the gas pedal again to maintain a slower speed, the light came on and it started bucking.
well lets see what the dealer says ,i'll post after:confused:

#9 ·
Just for thought are you using a higher grade fuel like 92 octane? I've experienced something very similiar when I used 92 octane by mistake (my other car needs 92). Since then been using 87 octane and no problems.

Silver SXT Sport, 2.0 CVT, Intake & Exhaust Mods, Rear Spoiler, Tints, Short Antenna, tweeters add on, Blacked Out Treatments, MOPAR logos

#10 ·
HICal said:
Just for thought are you using a higher grade fuel like 92 octane? I've experienced something very similiar when I used 92 octane by mistake (my other car needs 92). Since then been using 87 octane and no problems.

Silver SXT Sport, 2.0 CVT, Intake & Exhaust Mods, Rear Spoiler, Tints, Short Antenna, tweeters add on, Blacked Out Treatments, MOPAR logos
nob,i always use 87 octane

#11 ·
Sorry I couldn't be of any help. I'll be watching to see your results.

#14 ·
the electronic throttle control on a 2008 Dodge Caliber

Hello everyone ,i have one proplem my Electronic Throttle control Indicator Light came on and was blinking on my way home from work. It stayed on the whole time the engine was on.After reaching home I turned the car off and then turned it back on and it was still blinking. Can someone please explain to me what it does and what is it for and if i can damage anything while driving my car and about how much does it cost to repair?

#15 ·
how much does it cost to repair the electronic throttle control

Hello everyone ,i have one proplem my Electronic Throttle control Indicator Light came on and was blinking on my way home from work. It stayed on the whole time the engine was on.After reaching home I turned the car off and then turned it back on and it was still blinking. Can someone please explain to me what it does and what is it for and if i can damage anything while driving my car and about how much does it cost to repair?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.