Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Turbo Issue

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Heinrich Franz 
#1 ·
I have a 08 CSRT4 with MS1K, Mopar blow off plate and a few other things. To make a long story short, My timing chain snapped and bent up all my valves. Just got everything back together last week after 6 months of searching for parts with no CEL's. However the turbo sounded different. The blow off wasn't like it was, it is now a lot shorter in sound. Also I noticed in 1st and 2nd gear I'm pegging out the boost gauge at 20 which I never did before. Usually around 5-10 pounds I would a slight blow off sound but now it's makes a fluttering sound. This morning I am only getting no more then 7 or 8 pounds of boost with very little blow off at all. I scanned for CEL's and got nothing. All my lines are plugged in all the pipes are tight. The turbo sounds like it is spooling correctly (I have blown it before so I would recognize that sound)

Any ideas on what might be my issue? bad Wastegate???

#2 ·
I think my WG is stuck open. I did find the vacuum ports on the stock airbox clogged with dirt but after cleaning it out it did not help. Is there a way to test the wastegate or blowoff valve without taking it all apart?

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.