Dodge Caliber Forums banner

How To AEM FIC your SRT4 Caliber.

20K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  r0llm0dl 
#1 ·
Pretty much sums it up guys.

See less See more
#4 ·
There isn't really all that much you can take a picture of. It would likely confuse the hell out of you unless you go and do it yourself. He made a nice list there so it should be very easy to follow.

I didn't install mine but I did an SAFC install on a NSRT-4 which was sorta like this only FIC has a lot more wires/features but idea is similar.

I extended the harness which was a bit time consuming but I eliminated all the wires I'm not using, and using the electronic labeler (cost me 10 bucks), I labeled all the wires I extended.

#8 ·
I guess to say thanks for the info, but you honestly just recreated a post that has been posted by 2 different vendors already. I have to ask, what was the point? I could see if it was a step by step how to but this was not that, just recreated info under your name.

#10 · (Edited)
:jester: LOL. You should be thanking DCR/Realtune but yea PTP took time to copy it, make it more newbie proof and post it. Good job :bigthumb:

#13 ·
I just spoke with AEM Tech support.

Wire for extention can be automotive grade 18Ga.

Also about mounting: The AEM piggyback is not weather resistant and should not be mounted in the engine bay. Straight from AEM tech support.

Planning on mounting mine underneath the driver seat.

#14 ·
Yep they do not recommend the engine bay. With that being said, we have had ours in the engine bay for a year now through snow, rain, and sunshine.

Until I have one go out, thats where we will keep ours

#18 ·
Well got the FIC in car runs. :banger:

The only last issue is the #16 pin. Just about every 12v source is still hot until you open the dam door. So, you can't just turn the key off.

1. Turn key off (Engine still Run)
2. Open door (Car shuts off)

Where did everyone tap into for the 12volt Switched Source (key on)?

#22 ·
i plan on sticking with stage 1 for a while and have some fun with that . in the mean time i will build the car up to handle the RTS1. as far as a clutch nice DR's, FMIC, motor mounts, ect... i dont want to get RTs1 without all this and end up wasteing all my HP either twisting clutches or spinning to much tires.

#28 ·
What did the screen say when it wouldnt connect?

#30 ·
i kno someone was talkin about hooking the fic to the cig lighter to make a homemade turbo timer lol well i have a question. i kno if u turn the key off it has a timer before the power shut off, but wouldnt it be pointless if when you open the door the mototr will shut off? there nouthin you can wire it to that has a timer that will go off even after you leave and lock the car thats isnt a actual turbo timer lol

#35 ·
my god, i see a lot of ghetto rigged csrt's in the future. i i went to buy a car and the guy crawled out the window and hit some hidden button to roll the window up in order for the car to cool off, i would be in my car leaving before h was done with all that.

#43 ·
LOL. Help out with what?

Poor excuse of a post to try and make it seem like he is needed :jester:

#44 ·
Pretty much sums it up guys.

holy FAIL at copying :wave:

both sheets have the header "Details for the 22 PIN FIC Connector"
page 2 is clearly for the 24 pin FIC connector
ass + hat = PTP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.