Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Warranty Work

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dadof2boys 
#1 ·
Good Evening fellow members,
I have a 2007 Caliber that I recent brought into the dealer for service for the Sub Frame being rotten and cracked. I was very glad that the part and replacement of it is covered under warranty, the down side is that the part is back ordered.

The dealer I went to does not have loaner vehicles, and there recommendation is to if we have to drive it, drive it in town only. I don't feel comfortable with that one bit. I do not feel comfortable putting my wife or kids in that position on taking a chance driving it in case the subframe comes completely apart.

I don't agree that this does not warrant a replacement vehicle until mine is fixed. It is out of my control the issue of the sub frame and the issue of the part being back ordered. And for them to put me or my family in danger in driving it in town or any other place.

I like my Dodge Caliber and that won't change but I think Chrysler needs to back up there products and support there customers. I have read all over the net that this is a big problem with the Calibers and the Sub Frame issue.

And I have tried calling Customer Care for Chrysler and they are telling me that it does not warrant a replacement vehicle for this or any other warranty repair. I told that I wouldn't care if the down time was only a few days but if the part is back order and takes the 3+ weeks they are telling me it could take. That really sucks and I think Chrysler should reconsider there guidelines on these types of matters.

This experience has made me wonder about this company, anyone have any advice or similar experience with this.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.