Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Engine Shudders under WOT

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  supertones 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I am currently having an issue while under WOT. My first thought would be overboost however this problem only happens around 9-10psi.

So as long as I am driving like a responsible adult it's fine. Even pushing it 3/4 throttle and under 10psi it doesn't have any issue. There is no CEL or codes present.

I checked the vacuum lines and doesn't seem to have a leak. Not sure if the cat is plugged. However the normal operation even at high rpm doesn't really indicate a plugged cat. A sensor might be the issue but no CEL or codes makes narrowing that down a real pain.

Wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem or if I am overlooking a problem somewhere else.

#2 ·
I raised the boost on mine almost to 18lbs and had a shudder under WOT around that 11 pound mark. I ended up changing out my plugs and manually gapped them to .032 and today no shudder. I would check that as the plug gaps don't stay consitent and you need a smaller gap when the boost kicks in. I had the ZFR5PA wich are the NGK OEM replacement plugs and when I checked the gap on them when I removed them last night they were almost .043 which is a monster gap for these cars, I went with the ZFR6FIX-11 which is the NGK Iridium 6441 plugs, They are one step colder and come in the box gapped around .042ish at least the ones I got. A few minutes of tapping the gap down though and they really seemed to smooth everything out.

Try that and see if it helps. It helped me at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.