Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Hi Everyone, Just bought a 2009 SXT

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Techie68 
#1 · (Edited)
After an appropriate search, I found one with 81,000 km (50,000 mi) and 5-speed manual. Like the straight line and freeway performance. Now hoping to find some advice on ride and handling improvements. Sometime soon, hope to post an addition for battery/alternator voltmeter.

Actually, I like the Caliber's high ground clearance - it just seems to take bumps and dips too harshly. BTW, have 17" steel rims. Am not planning to do rallying or drag racing, so a little more softness would be welcome. Anyone, please steer me to existing threads on this topic. - Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
Yes, thanks. Was thinking of doing some black paint trim accents, however, find it looks great as is. The tires are actually winter rated, on 17" steel rims, so will be looking for alloy rims when I change to A/S next summer. Oops! the pic came out kinda small. The color is sort of beige-y metallic and inside is also beige - no black like 2010s. Clicking on the pic makes for reasonable enlargement.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Budget

Hi Joe, thanks for your comment. If you are asking about the paint trim, I was thinking of masking the side window frames and the body frame up to the black drip rails. Then do the lower body and doors up to the chrome strip, and outline around the wheel arches about 2". Also the front and rear "bumpers". In reverse, I'd paint the roof rails to match the (silver) body color. Somewhere on this forum I posted a photoshop mock-up of this scheme on a yellow Cali. It would be DIY, so cost under $100.

As for the tires and rims, this will run about $1000 with "recycled" alloy rims. My Cali has 17" rims on 215 tires, which give better handling at the expense of a harsher ride. I wonder if there is any point in changing springs/shocks. This would probably run another $1000.

The immediate project is to replace the hatch glass, which was broken in a non-road accident. It has be glued in, which is not a simple DIY. Cost $400 :smile:
Edit: Must change that clunky radio antenna, (manually retractable) and add an extra to that wimpy horn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.