Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Custom interior

75K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  theredfox 
#1 ·
I know some of you have done custom interior work, I'm slowly working on mine. Let's see what everyone else has done to the dash, seats, doors, or any and everything on the inside.

#67 ·
Hey bro what wire harness dd u use for your double din? Where u buy it and how much? Cause I have a flip out pioneer touch screen and I bought a wire harness at audio express they told me their was 2 one for 21.99 and one for 139.99 that one was for the factory amplified caliber, I have a srt 4 caliber with not the kicker system so I said it wasn't factory amplified and bought the 20.99 one but it did not turn on my stereo??

#4 ·
I made a vector (file type) template, and had my roommates' sign shop cut it out of 3m flat black premium cast. Then had the srt4 logos printed from their outdoor-quality-solvent printer, I actually asked just for four srt logos... and they gave me 52, said the roll was that wide, why not fill it. LOL

#9 ·
Overhead Console
That overhead console is crazy... may I have it? I could see using a overhead style EVIC in there for those of us still kicking ourselves for not adding it. Ohh the possibilitys!

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#10 · (Edited)
Some things to add to this thread. I don't have links, but there is a company that was selling a nice leather cover for the center armrest for a decent price. There is a guy who got all of his door panel inserts covered. There is a sweet custom headliner with a 3-D SRT detail in it. I have also seen an SRT with color matched inserts like the R/T's that turned out real good as well.
edit: Some more things that I couldn't find links to at the moment
painted radio bezel
carbon fiber bezel overlay
custom headliner
many different custom gauge layouts
many different LED interior bulb replacements

If I find the links I'll edit this and add them, but otherwise feel free to find the threads for me as well. I think this thread can be real helpful if we get everything in one place.

Armrest cover by 22elite
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10638&highlight=interior
Picture by TheJohnCarlson

Covered Door Panel Inserts by srt_wannabe
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14993&highlight=interior

SRT Seats with Custom Insert by MayhemcaliSRT
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11767

Mopar Door Panel Applique Kit by FireSalamander
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11545&highlight=insert

(Ok, I'll stop now)

#11 ·
Some things to add to this thread. I don't have links, but there is a company that was selling a nice leather cover for the center armrest for a decent price. There is a guy who got all of his door panel inserts covered. There is a sweet custom headliner with a 3-D SRT detail in it. I have also seen an SRT with color matched inserts like the R/T's that turned out real good as well.

If I find the links I'll edit this and add them, but otherwise feel free to find the threads for me as well. I think this thread can be real helpful if we get everything in one place.
IRONSIDE was one of several members with the armrest cover IIRC

srt_wannabe - http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14993

can't remember the others

#16 ·
I saw my seats in there:bigthumb: ....too bad they're getting changed again in the spring...

#35 ·
IN CVT equipped cars its the access port to the manual override for the transmission interlock,(In the CVT cars the Brakes have to be depressed before the car can be put into gear) so that if your battery goes dead you can still pop the car out of park. (very handy if you have to move it so that it can be jumped)

#32 ·
^^^ Awesome mod! What are they connected to, is the real question!

Let's get this thread loaded with pictures. Come on guys (and girls)!!
Thanks! for now i just have them for charging my ipod and iphone (tapped into 12v source), but when i get ipod integration in my radio i'ma wire them up so that i can use them for that too

#34 ·
the usb ports are badass!!! good idea.

i know u guys have seen this everywhere, but im the first for this thread, so here one of my dual gauge pod from modern with aem uego and aeroforce scanguage.

#48 ·
I want to get rid of the chrome door handles, but don't want to buy new ones so any help on getting the chrome off of them?

Oh and I changed the locks on my doors and they look way better then the stock imo. I'll try to post pics tomorrow in the day light.

#49 ·
I want to get rid of the chrome door handles, but don't want to buy new ones so any help on getting the chrome off of them?

Oh and I changed the locks on my doors and they look way better then the stock imo. I'll try to post pics tomorrow in the day light.
Are you referring to the lockpins? Yeah, sure like to see that and where you got them from. From what I've heard, the Caliber's lockpins are not so easy to remove. Some how-to with the pics.

Good luck getting the chrome off. From what I know, peeling it off is about your best bet but not an easy task.

#50 · (Edited)
Yeah I had to remove the entire door panel since the stock lock pins have stoppers on the bottom, so when kids untwist them they fall in the door instead of come out. They hardest part was putting the door panels back on. But I got them from Autozone for free courtesty of a friend who works there but they are really cheap depending on which ones you want about 12$ for all four doors or you can go with the probably way better quality for just about double that. Mine are a flat black and have texture similar to that of the door on them, I think they look way better. I'll post up pics in a few, I'm just waiting on my camer to charge.

#54 ·
Looks good!
Matches the panels nicely.

Do you by any chance have pictures of the process and/or when the panels were removed?
Any way in the process of doing that that the locks could be cut down so they sit flush in the door when locked, or at least more flush than they do now?

I hate driving with the window down and having a nice big dent in my arm from resting it where the lock goes...

#52 ·
Looks good!
Matches the panels nicely.

Do you by any chance have pictures of the process and/or when the panels were removed?

#53 ·
dude, if i had the power port in my car, i think i would put a plug in air fresher in as well.. that's such a bad-ass idea!

#57 ·
No, I don't have photos, but one day when I have time I'll get out there and go over the process and take some.

I'm pretty sure you can cut them down, I'll probably do that to mine one day, I hate them sticking up too, the lock pins I have were supposed to be "anti-theft" so they sit flush to the top of the door. But the rods that actually unlock the door are really long and sit almost to the top of the door panel. I don't know if that's just because I don't have power locks or if it's like that for every Caliber, but I do plan on trimming them down so that they really do sit flush, I might work on that after I get power locks done though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.