Dodge Caliber Forums banner

2012 Dodge Caliber Limp Mode and Tranny Overheating

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Lisa 
#1 ·
My car has been a wonderful car for 3 years, but I took it to Dodge to change the transmission fluid on my CVT transmission and change the plugs last week and it hasn't been right since. First, all of the electrical components shut down and the car would not start. It could be jumped off but would not start on its own. I changed the battery and took it back to dodge to check it out and they said it was fine.It ran with no issues for about 3 days, then the transmission over temp light started coming on. I took it back to dodge because of the light and because it had a slight whine. Each time the light came on, I stopped immediately and waited for the indicator to go off to minimize damage. This time when I took it back to dodge, they said the front transmission pump was bad and I needed a new transmission. My question is, how would a transmission fluid and filter change cause problems that did not exist before the service? The next day after they told me this, the whining sound got louder, I can't tell if it is stuck in limp mode or if it really is the front transmission oil pump. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.