Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Hi all,New Caliber owner here!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  orangecalibersxt 
#1 ·
Just found this forum and decided to start my first post by saying hello to everyone!
I got my new 2008 Caliber SXT like a week ago and loving it so far.The only minor thing that is buging me so far is the slight hesitation when i hit the accelerator from a dead stop.
I've seen here that on the older models this is also common and that a flash or something similar would fix that.
Is there anything that can be done to make this better ? It dos not botter me realy but ut would be nice to make it better.
Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Hello, and welcome:) . As for the hesitation on your new Caliber, it's just a part of the quirks of the CVT tranny. Me and others who bought early in the model year (mine April 06) had to put up with a lot more than a "slight" hesitation for over a year until the TSB flash was applied.

#4 ·
Congrats on the purchase! Did you get any options with it?

I believe the TSB was only for models produced before April or May of 2007. All models after this should already have the change made in the computer. Its just something you have to get used to. Also, the gas pedal is electronic, so there's a slight delay when pressing on it. There's no throttle cable on a Caliber. So you may be experiencing this as well.

#5 ·
Hey thanks for all the great replies,and yeah i can live with the hesitation and it dos not bother me at all.
Ill post some pics tonight of my ride so you guys can see it.As far as any options in it ...nothing special in there.
It has power windows,ac,satelite radio free of charge for a year and thats it.

#8 ·
#10 ·
UN4GTBL said:
hey i thought that for 08 all the SXTs had rims, and the wheel covers and steel wheels were no longer available?
Im not sure cause i was originaly gona buy a 2007 model but the salesperson was nice enough to give me a 2008 model and it was the only one there.I asked for the rims but he did mot have any so i settled for this.
Maybe down the road ill trow on some nice rims but for now im okay i guess.

And the floor mats came from my old ride (Ford Focus 2001 zts) and they were purchased recently so i didnt want to let them go to waste and used them in the caliber.
Im gona get a broschure from the dealer a purchased the car from and see what accessories they have available.

#11 ·
silentdan said:
Im not sure cause i was originaly gona buy a 2007 model but the salesperson was nice enough to give me a 2008 model and it was the only one there.I asked for the rims but he did mot have any so i settled for this.
Maybe down the road ill trow on some nice rims but for now im okay i guess.

And the floor mats came from my old ride (Ford Focus 2001 zts) and they were purchased recently so i didnt want to let them go to waste and used them in the caliber.
Im gona get a broschure from the dealer a purchased the car from and see what accessories they have available.
ya its definitly an 08, but i was under teh impression that the sxt had rims, als well. hope you enjoy it!!

#12 ·
UN4GTBL said:
ya its definitly an 08, but i was under teh impression that the sxt had rims, als well. hope you enjoy it!!
So far im loving this car,compare to what i had im more than satisfied.My 2001 Ford Focus ZTS was nothing but problems,thank god is gone for good.

#13 ·
Yeah the window sticker for an '08 Caliber had 17" Aluminum wheels standard on the list. Maybe they're trying to get rid of the steel wheels so they're throwing them on until they're gone? I know my Dad's '04 RAM Sport had '03 sport wheels on it instead of the ones that came on the '04 and his was built in the early stages of the '04 model year too. I would check the sticker and see if it says 17" Aluminum Wheels standard on the it. If it does, you should be able to make the dealer get some for you at no extra charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.