Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Support needed for RP4-CH11 with my Dodge Caliber

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Scratchy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I am trying to install a PAC's the RP4-CH11 model into my 2009 Dodge Caliber with a Sony MEX-GS600BT aftermarket head unit.

I've tried following the instructions with various set ups but I don't seem to be able to get the Canbus to turn on my OEM AMP I'm retaining. I managed to get power and illumination light to the head unit along with the SWC function working fully.

Here is how it is currently set up so please point out if anything is wrong:-

SWC controller set to 7 and used with the Jack lead into my Sony's remote in - This is working correctly.

Blue/white: "Amp turn on input" wire connected to my Sonys "power antenna (aerial)/power amplifier control (REM OUT)" ( also added the blue wire from the vehicles powered antenna to the Blue/white: "Amp turn on input" wire then connected this to the Sonys "power antenna (aerial)/power amplifier control (REM OUT)" but made no difference)

Red: "Accessory output output (1 amp)" wire connected to my Sonys "switched power supply" - Not sure if this is right

Orange/white: "Illium. Output (+)" wire connected to my Sonys "switched illumination power supply" - Sony Head Unit lights up and has all its different colours as it should.

I don't think I need to do anything with the following wires as my Sony radio doesn't have sat nav or reverse camera but please let me know if I'm wrong.
Red/white: "parking brake output" - unused
Purple/white: "vehicle speed output" - unused
Green: "reverse output" - unused

Then I just have my speaker cables plugged in as plug and play in the harness but the RP4-CH11 instructions say because I have a OEM AMP I need to:-
Vehicles with a factory amplifier: The factory amplifier only accepts two channels of audio input (left and right). Connect the front outputs of the aftermarket radio to the rear inputs of the vehicle connector. This will allow navigation voice prompts and Bluetooth calls to be heard.

If I don't do this will the can bus and/or the speakers not work at all? I also don't fully understand this step hence not tested that part yet.

Any help to get this working is really appreciated.

Thanks
Gareth

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.