Dodge Caliber Forums banner

What 6x9's to get?

17K views 143 replies 22 participants last post by  Sandy 
#1 ·
So I have a friend at Best buy who owe's me a favor. And he's gunna give me his discount on Speakers.... So I'm trying to figure out what the best 6x9's are to get for my Cali.

I don't have the Boston or the Kicker set up. Just the 2x din Factory nav. Actually now its the Mygig Nav radio but thats it. What do you guys think?

Whats the Best 6x9 Fron and Rear speakers I can get from Best buy?

Thankx.

#131 ·
^ Are you running the newest kappas ? the 2ohm ones on your rec ?
It is weird the crakle sound comes and goes randomly and stays the same not matter what volume it is at.

^^ I might check out those Alpines, I was thinking about throwing in that new small alpine amp the one that plugs into the head units. I can just cut the wires and splice them into my ipod adapter harness.

#132 ·
i have 4 alpine type s door speakers 4 infinity tweeters two in the factory spots in the dash i made brackets . 2 in the back panels by the seat belt ajustment. got them all running of a pioneer flip up no amp there loud as hell.O and a 12" alpine type x sub

#134 ·
Do you have pics of the tweeters installed at the back panels?

#137 ·
Maybe you did this already but for the hell of it, did you try hooking all speakers up but not mounting them to see what happens?

And as far as the OP issue, maybe running 2 sets of speakers with difference resistance could have something to do with it? Just trying to throw out some thoughts.

#138 ·
^ That sounds like it could be it.

I got a set of Alpine type s 3 ways for the front and back we'll see how they work out. I listened to the type r and type s and found that the type s actually sounded better on deck power.

#139 ·
I mentioned this before, I initially had a problem with my kappas on the front doors. The little box on the speaker where the wires hook to has exposed wiring, and it must have been touching metal inside the door. Caused me to get no audio at all once I mounted the fronts in the doors. And I think specifically it was the drivers door giving me the problem. Simply wrapped it in electrical tape, problem solved.

#140 ·
I finally put my alpine type s 3 way 6x9's in the front and rear today, I got speaker harness adapters from Best Buy. They sound great on just deck power from my rec unit. Money well spent, now I am going to try to put some 4" alpine type s in the dash.

#144 ·
Alpine's new 6x9 speakers are supposed to fit the front and back doors with no modafication , I think the model number is (spr-69) they are 2 way and they are 100watts rms and 300watts max. They are made with smaller magnets to fit into more cars, they have the same rubber surround as thier subs And most of the reviews were good, I think they cost around $200 Canadian for a pair and you can tilt the tweeter, if anybody tries these can u let me know what u think. Thank's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.