Dodge Caliber Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Closed: SRT Chat Session - Wed. Aug. 5th - 6PM to 8PM EST

64K views 174 replies 70 participants last post by  HEMEEE 
#1 ·
Participant Guidelines:
  • Please be respectful
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions - No member discussions here
  • ONE question per post please - be as brief and clear as possible
  • Mention which make and model vehicle your question pertains to if it is critical to your question
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Allow time for a response. Questions are not answered in order of post
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product - Please don't ask

PLEASE NOTE:
This session is being conducted simultaneously with a session on another network - To keep it simple, please only ONE question per post or your post will be edited or deleted!

THANKS for understanding-

See less See more
#53 ·
Why was the intercooler installed in the upper part of the bumper? Theres room in the lower portion of the bumper, and thats where all the aftermarket companies are putting it. Is there a downside of having it in the lower portion? Any benefits?

#54 ·
Welcome again guys for what's shaping up to be a great session, and with a lot of first timer questions being posted in here. Great to see! I'd like to personally thank you all for doing these sessions each and every month on our forums since late 2005. I hope this will continue for a LONG time to come!!!

Most of us LX SRT8 owners are well versed in pulling fuse #11 (2005 - 2007) and fuse #2 (2008 - 2009) in the FPDC when our cars go into what we call "granny mode" from driving around town. It's a well known and accepted practice by most of us to pull this fuse for 30 seconds to return the TCM learned adaptives to factory settings and drive it like we stole it in auto stick mode to return shift crispness etc. It also clears certain codes.

My question is, what is the equivelent fuse that will clear the adaptives in the GC SRT8? Mine's an 08 BTW, so I don't know if the fuse #'s are the same from 2006 - 2009. Also, any way to slow down this quick learning, or should we always drive it like we stole it?:banger:

Please don't tell me pulling this fuse is a myth...haha!!!:)

Bernie

Reactions: UN4GTBL
#56 · (Edited)
Caliber SRT4 compression?

Can you say what the PSI specification is when performing a compression test? My 2003 Neon SRT-4 with Stage 3 and 85K miles reads 170, 170, 170, 168 (battery tired on last pot). Should I expect a similar number with my 2008 Caliber SRT4 that has 8200 miles? Are there any special steps when performing a compression on the CSRT's VVT motor? (other than key on, WOT, crank a few times, read gauge...). Thanks.

Good luck to each and all of you with the FIAT merger. :bigthumb:

#57 · (Edited)
Not to be redundant.. but thanks again for coming on and answering our questions. :)

mine is about the clicking noise I keep having from my drivers side front suspension.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

I have had the dealer tighten up this axle nut TWICE and the problem came back once already... I am picking it up again today... and if it comes back again what should I have the dealer do? What damage could this cause? Is it still okay to get on it when im driving or will that loosen things up?

honestly it scares me any part of my suspension is "clicking/popping" because I have no idea why it would be doing this over and over.

EDIT:
just picked the car up from the dealer again. Driving back home, the clicking sound has returned... not as bad as it was a few days ago. It happened when I accelerated from a stop light. The dealer says everything is tight.. they checked.. but still dont see anything wrong.

now this is just frustrating because something could be wrong and NO ONE knows what it is!!!

#58 ·
2009 CSRT-4 FSM's

Hi guys (Generic term, not gender specific term!!)

I've been trying to get the FSM's (Factory Service Manuals) from Resolve for the 2009 CSRT-4 without any luck. Are there any HUGE differences in the FSM's for 2008 vs 2009? I guess I want to know if the 2008 FSM will cover almost everything the 2009 FSM can (will??)??

Can I get the FSM's on CD or just a print version? I had the FSM's for my 2004 NSRT-4 and found them a little awkward at times and I think viewing the PDF on a laptop will provide a better experience.

BTW, thanks for making two fantastic vehicles!! While the CSRT is a tad more civilized than its older brother :twak:, it's still a whole pile of fun to drive and "compete".

Hope to see you around for many more successful years to come!!:banger:

#139 ·
Hi guys (Generic term, not gender specific term!!)

I've been trying to get the FSM's (Factory Service Manuals) from Resolve for the 2009 CSRT-4 without any luck. Are there any HUGE differences in the FSM's for 2008 vs 2009? I guess I want to know if the 2008 FSM will cover almost everything the 2009 FSM can (will??)??

Can I get the FSM's on CD or just a print version? I had the FSM's for my 2004 NSRT-4 and found them a little awkward at times and I think viewing the PDF on a laptop will provide a better experience.

BTW, thanks for making two fantastic vehicles!! While the CSRT is a tad more civilized than its older brother :twak:, it's still a whole pile of fun to drive and "compete".

Hope to see you around for many more successful years to come!!:banger:
Try -

https://techauthority.gltghosting.c...rHome?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10051

#61 ·
The clutch pedal on the 2008 Caliber SRT-4 engages very low to the floor almost at the end of the pedal travel. I have found that I must fully depress the clutch pedal to the floor to avoid the potential for gear clashing while shifting. Normally this type of pedal travel would indicate a need for adjustment or replacement but this has been the norm since the car was new. Why does the clutch engage so low in the pedal travel is this because of the hydraulic T.O.B? Can any adjustments be made to the pedal travel other than the driver's seat position?

#63 · (Edited)
Transmission rev matching?

Hi,

Has rev matching been considered on the automatic SRT-8s when downshifting? I thought that would be a cool little feature and eliminate the lurch that occurs otherwise.

Could it be flashed into the trans?

#166 ·
Hi,

Has rev matching been considered on the automatic SRT-8s when downshifting? I thought that would be a cool little feature and eliminate the lurch that occurs otherwise.

Could it be flashed into the trans?
Rev Matching has been considered, but we are unable to comment on future product.

The current SRT w/ A/T cannot be flashed to accomplish same.

#64 ·
Hello SRT Engineers thanks for taking time once again for answering our questions. Long time lurker so here it goes.

My name is Heidi and I have a 2008 SRT4 Caliber. Since I have owned the car I have had it at several dealerships here in South Florida and they all tell me there is nothing wrong with the car. Many times I take a hard right turn or go over rail road tracks I hear a loud "pop" in the right front end of the car. I was so frustrated I had my husband take it to the dealer and had the service guy get in the car with him on a test drive and it did it and the dude said that was normal. What??? This can't be. Please help.

Thanks again.

#173 ·
I really need this answered....

Not to be redundant.. but thanks again for coming on and answering our questions. :)

mine is about the clicking noise I keep having from my drivers side front suspension.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

I have had the dealer tighten up this axle nut TWICE and the problem came back once already... I am picking it up again today... and if it comes back again what should I have the dealer do? What damage could this cause? Is it still okay to get on it when im driving or will that loosen things up?

honestly it scares me any part of my suspension is "clicking/popping" because I have no idea why it would be doing this over and over.

EDIT:
just picked the car up from the dealer again. Driving back home, the clicking sound has returned... not as bad as it was a few days ago. It happened when I accelerated from a stop light. The dealer says everything is tight.. they checked.. but still dont see anything wrong.

now this is just frustrating because something could be wrong and NO ONE knows what it is!!!
I THINK we might have the same noise going on. not sure...
but with only llike... 5 minutes left on this I really hope this problem has a solution... since the dealer cant seem to figure it out and its not just one car

#66 ·
Contact Information of Super Bee Vinyl Design

This might be the only non-performance question in this thread. LOL

I wanted to know if you'd pass on a fan letter to one or more members of the late-model "Super Bee vinyl" design team.

I have a super-bee inspired vinyl on my car. I would like their assistance in creating a prop for when I attend car shows, as well as a keepsake for this time of my life. I pretty much have a letter prepared that can be updated if either you'll help.

I met members of the SRT Team at LX & Beyond 2009 in Ohio last month and they suggested that I bring this issue here. Thank you for any assistance in this effort.

Excuse my ignorance. I realized as I wrote this post that I am assumming that this Chat session only consists of performance minded SRT engineers. If I am wrong, I am sorry; you guys likley are multi-talented. :)

Chris

#67 ·
Another thanks for these chats, they are awesome! Did my track experience the other day, you guys really did a great job on all these cars/Jeep!

2008 Caliber SRT4

This may be a general issue for the Caliber and not SRT specific, and I do have an appt. to take it in on Monday. Regarding the EVIC. My elapsed time meter resets every time the car is off and sits for more than just a few minutes. The MPG meter also resets to 18.8 any time the car is off for a few minutes, as well as when I reset it on the fly. Performance pages also do not save my best times once the car is turned off. When I ran it by them when I made the appointment the service manager did not seem to know about the EVIC and performance pages, so figured I would see if you had any thoughts.

Thanks!!!

#68 ·
5th Gear Grind

Hello Team SRT!

Thanks for building such an outrageous pantheon of performance vehicles. Nothing beats alil' SRT-induced adrenaline therapy at the end of the day. :)

My question pertains to a problem I'm having with my '09 Challenger SRT8 6-speed. I am encountering a nasty grind/clashing when shifting from 4th to 5th gear above 4000 rpm. The closer to redline I get, the harsher the sensation. It does not matter how casually or aggressively I shift, the grind always occurs.

Just today I took it to a local dealership to have the problem checked out. Oddly, I wasn't permitted to go on the test drive. However, after racking up 41 kilometers on my odometer and burning a 1/4 tank of gas, the mechanic/technician determined that the transmission shifts just fine and that I must be rushing my shifts and banging off the shift gate.

When I asked where he test drove it, I was told that he "drove it all over town and didn't notice anything". ('cuz I'm sure he shifted from 4th to 5th above 4000 rpm in congested city traffic!)

Anyhow, I've had 3 different friends of mine drive the car (all of which have been driving stick for about 10 years or so just like me) and they all encountered the same grind. I therefore conclude that I am not crazy nor an inept driver.

Any thoughts SRT gods?

#162 ·
Hello Team SRT!

Thanks for building such an outrageous pantheon of performance vehicles. Nothing beats alil' SRT-induced adrenaline therapy at the end of the day. :)

My question pertains to a problem I'm having with my '09 Challenger SRT8 6-speed. I am encountering a nasty grind/clashing when shifting from 4th to 5th gear above 4000 rpm. The closer to redline I get, the harsher the sensation. It does not matter how casually or aggressively I shift, the grind always occurs.

Just today I took it to a local dealership to have the problem checked out. Oddly, I wasn't permitted to go on the test drive. However, after racking up 41 kilometers on my odometer and burning a 1/4 tank of gas, the mechanic/technician determined that the transmission shifts just fine and that I must be rushing my shifts and banging off the shift gate.

When I asked where he test drove it, I was told that he "drove it all over town and didn't notice anything". ('cuz I'm sure he shifted from 4th to 5th above 4000 rpm in congested city traffic!)

Anyhow, I've had 3 different friends of mine drive the car (all of which have been driving stick for about 10 years or so just like me) and they all encountered the same grind. I therefore conclude that I am not crazy nor an inept driver.

Any thoughts SRT gods?

A 4-5 shift a 4 grand puts you at about 90mph. I agree that seem a bit fast for city traffic. My thoughts are you are shifting too early. The gage goes to 6200 for a reason. the 4th gear synchro sounds like it's hurt.

#69 ·
My question is more related to customer service. I purchased my Caliber SRT-4 back in the last day of May. I got a killer deal on it since the dealership that owned it was being forced out. Anyway took delivery and drove it on the freeway the first time and it was shaking like crazy. Took to a different dealer that just happened to be close to where I was. They said it had flat spots and to drive like 800 miles and they should work out. I drove it about 1500 miles no difference. After this time the dealer I bought the car from is now out of business so now I have no recourse with them. I took to another dealer by my house they confirmed the flat spots and said it was because of dealer neglect letting the air drain and not moving the car on the lot enough. Long story short they balanced the tires but the vibration is there still, enough where it feels unsafe to drive over 70. So I now have an open reference number with Chrysler customer service to see if they would take care of the tires under warranty but the rep I spoke with didn't instill much hope that they would take care of this. I know how this is going to work out they are going to say take it up with the dealer who has now filed for bankruptcy. I won't see a damn thing. I don't know I just feel a bit shafted I currently own and operate 3 SRT vehicles 1 05 SRT4 1 08 SRT4 and 1 05 SRT8 300. I also have a 97 ACR Neon and have owned in the past an 04 SRT4 before it was wrecked. I am obviously an extremely loyal customer. Is there anything you guys can suggest I do to help get this pushed through? 18819811 is my reference number if it helps at all and you may email me at mark at macmatters.com if you don't want to post to the public forum.

BTW this is my company car so I got her wrapped the following has links if you guys care to see them.

http://gallery.me.com/macmatters#100046

#70 ·
Skip-shift

Any chance that there will be a mopar performance PCM for the challenger srt8s that will eliminate that annoying skip shift feature?

I don't understand how there could be any advantage to having this feature in a car. Shifting from 1st to 4th gear and lugging the engine certainly isn't going to use any less gasoline nor create less pollution. If anything, it will just help the clutch grind down more rapidly and perhaps cause a few traffic accidents in the process.

Who's the EPA bonehead who thought this was a good idea?

Stupid bureaucrats!

(Sorry for the rant. Not your fault Team SRT. Just needed to vent.) :)

#130 ·
Any chance that there will be a mopar performance PCM for the challenger srt8s that will eliminate that annoying skip shift feature?

I don't understand how there could be any advantage to having this feature in a car. Shifting from 1st to 4th gear and lugging the engine certainly isn't going to use any less gasoline nor create less pollution. If anything, it will just help the clutch grind down more rapidly and perhaps cause a few traffic accidents in the process.

Who's the EPA bonehead who thought this was a good idea?

Stupid bureaucrats!

(Sorry for the rant. Not your fault Team SRT. Just needed to vent.) :)
I agree...I personally drive an 09MY LCDX22 (6.1l w/ TR6060) every day to and from work. I dislike (make that detest) the skip shift feature. But I also recognize that the feature is required to optimize fuel economy. There are kits available to bypass the 1-2 Skip shift, but am unable to comment on same. I learned to drive "around it".

#71 ·
I have a couple of questions:

First: With the recent partnership between Chrysler and Fiat, I was relieved when the SRT program was allowed to continue. Fiat has a variety of smaller model cars that may fit in well as higher mpg economy cars rebadged under the Chrysler name. That being said, are there any Fiat family models that are currently being looked at as the next generation SRT-4? What about other models that may be integrated somehow into the SRT program?

Second: Recently the Mopar stage upgrades for the Neon SRT-4 were discontinued. There are a lot of rumors as to why, from lack of demand (which I find very hard to believe), to suppliers jacking up the price of the component parts that go into the upgrade kits. Do you know if these kits will be brought back under the Mopar umbrella, or are we pretty much out of luck and stuck going either used or full aftermarket?

#72 ·
An earlier question about the '09 TCS for the CSRT4 reminded me of this. I've heard that the '09 TCS unit will work on an '08 CSRT4. If this is true, is it a simple swap in (i.e. no Starscan needed) and do you happen to have the part number?

#73 · (Edited)
What are the production Numbers for the SRT 4 Caliber?
can you even go by color as well?

as always thanks guys for taking time out for us enthusiasts, you guys truly kick ass!

#74 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the time to answer our questions. I have a 08 srt4 and wile rotating my tires i notice one of my struts is leaking. My car is bone stock never raced only daly driven. Is this a common issue?

#75 ·
The Jeep SRT is an ideal vehicle for my needs except for one issue.
The ride is too hard for the local (NJ / NY City) roads. Can you please provide some suggestions on the best way to modify the suspension to provide a more comfortable ride without losing all of the handling capability?

Thank you for your help.

#77 ·
2008 Caliber Srt4, Stage1.

I am noticing an odd clicking noise from the engine bay when i cruise at about 2600RPM or so. Which gear doesnt matter, as long as i hold the RPM.
Is this normal, or part of the VVT operation? Or maybe something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.