Dodge Caliber Forums banner

New exhaust for my moms '07 SXT

8K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  malibuguy 
#1 · (Edited)
The old system which featured Borla mufflers was too droney & the Borlas rattled inside...so I finally made a new exhaust which has minimal drone, but still sounds nice & pleasant. Unfortunatly its a little windy so no sound clip. I also removed the undertray i had made 2 years ago as it was startign to sag & getting 30+mpg is not a big deal anymore as this is a run-about for my mother.

2.25" mandrel-bent in aluminized steel tubing, Magnaflow 6x18" round muffler up front, then a Jones FULL BOAR crossflow muffler out back & SRT4 Neon exhaust tips

:beerchug:

See less See more
#5 ·
nope, it was mine to use 2 years ago since i was "in between" cars...well i still had my malibu at the time...but 85miles a day at 12mpg on 93octane was eating up ALOT of paycheck

now i have a box thats my DD, but i have taken it to the road course once, a Tercel that was a DD before i bought the box...but quickly became a track car & i finally got another 3.3 van to play with for the strip

#6 ·
i know this thread is old, but i was curious to how you did the cut-outs for the rear exit on the exhaust. That looks very well done.

The previous Borla you said had lots of drone...is this the same set-up for the mopar exhaust since i know borla makes most of the mopar exhausts. Did it have any of the raspy anoying noise you hear from a cherry bomb exhaust put on an integra or civic. I hate that noise. Im thinking of the mopar dual rear exit cat back exhaust with the the header but i dont want it loud and anoying....

If u have any-insigt or even sound clips of this old exhaust that would be great. and some of the new exhasust thats on there as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.